Which Backpack do you recommend.

Dandelionclock30
Dandelionclock30 Posts: 306
edited July 2013 in MTB buying advice
Hi, Im after a new small backpack around the 10-13 litres mark, as I'm currently using a walking backpack and my back keeps getting wet with the sweat. I would like one of those which has the mesh panel which keeps the pack from sticking to your back.
I think this looks o.k http://www.evanscycles.com/products/osp ... 1#features.

Does anyone have any recommendations please?

Comments

• alan1985
    alan1985 Posts: 34
    Highly recommend this year's camelbak mule, think I got mine from merlin and it came with the free flow meter so you know how much water you've got left on a little display, like to carry plenty of spares and junk and ive still got loads of room, had a bit of a crash today and the tough back plate that let's the air flow through took most of the damage for me, would have been in serious trouble with a standard soft backed pack!
  • Another vote for the camel back mule.very well made and comfortable.
  • iand-83
    iand-83 Posts: 132
    Definitely try one of those bags before you buy, I tried one in a local outdoor shop and to me it felt uncomfortable as the mesh panel is quite solid. Also the guy told me in the store regardless of what bag you wear you will sweat it's natural for your body to do during exercise.
  • felix.london
    felix.london Posts: 4,067
    Iand-83 wrote:
    you will sweat it's natural for your body to do during exercise.

no $hit Sherlock!
    "Why have that extra tooth if you're not using it?" - Brian Lopes

Votec V.SX Enduro 'Alpine Thug' 2012/2013 build

Trek Session 8
  • felix.london
    felix.london Posts: 4,067
    this is what I use;

Camelbak Consigliere
    CAMELBAK-CONSIGLIERE-Bleu-Blanc-Rouge-2010.jpg

Great little pack (if you can find one)
    "Why have that extra tooth if you're not using it?" - Brian Lopes

Votec V.SX Enduro 'Alpine Thug' 2012/2013 build

Trek Session 8
  • I'm a big fan of Osprey bags. (However, be aware that they don't come with a reservoir and they aren't waterproof.)
    For me, I found that the airflow system keeps my back cooler than on my old CamelBak and the strapping keeps the bag more secure.
    However, i suspect that it will all depend on your body shape. I'm very broad shouldered and have a pretty big chest. My mate borrowed it and didn't find it as comfortable.

Have you got a Costwolds store near you? They stock Ospreys and have different shaped weights that allow you to pack the bag like you would if you were going out. That would let you get an idea of what it feel like on your back.
    2007 Felt Q720 (the ratbike)
    2012 Cube Ltd SL (the hardtail XC 26er)
    2014 Lapierre Zesty TR 329 (the full-sus 29er)
  • Thanks everyone who replied, I'm getting a small osprey bag.
  • camerauk
    camerauk Posts: 1,000
    another vote for the Osprey bags
    I have a osprey raptor 14 which came with the reservoir and seems to hold off the water very well, when it gets really wet I use Osprey Hi-Vis rain cover which is fantastic
    Specialized Camber Expert
    Specialized Allez Sport
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    this is what I use;

Camelbak Consigliere
    CAMELBAK-CONSIGLIERE-Bleu-Blanc-Rouge-2010.jpg

Great little pack (if you can find one)
    Very pretty - is that so they can pick you out of the crowd at nursery school.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools