Wheel options

Dan-Coll
Dan-Coll Posts: 40
edited July 2013 in MTB buying advice
Hi all,

I am currently looking at investing in a set of new wheels but I am just wondering what everyones opinions are. I have been recomended Hope Pro 2 Evo with Stans Flow by a friend. Ideally I want to spend around £300 for the set so any input will be welcome.

Also the size of the axels are 142mm x 12mm and 15MxlL up front.

Cheers,
Dan

Comments

• Brown sauce
    Brown sauce Posts: 111
    Give just riding along a ring. They make custom wheel sets and are really helpful.
    2015 Stanton Switchback
    1993 Kona Lavadome
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    What bike, what riding style, what is your weight? What are you changing from?
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Dan-Coll wrote:
    Ideally I want to spend around £300 for the set so any input will be welcome.
    Most people want to 'ideally' spend as little as possible while getting what they want!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613

This
  • felix.london
    felix.london Posts: 4,067
    supersonic wrote:

All of these these things ^^^^
    "Why have that extra tooth if you're not using it?" - Brian Lopes

Votec V.SX Enduro 'Alpine Thug' 2012/2013 build

Trek Session 8
  • Dan-Coll
    Dan-Coll Posts: 40
    Sorry forgot to mention those key facts. It will be for a Knolly Endorphin, all mountain style riding and 70kg. This is a new build hence why I had the budget of around £300 but your right the cheaper the better.
  • felix.london
    felix.london Posts: 4,067
    Too hard not to recommend the £200 Flow deal from Superstar (but only white rims left I think)

Or you could get a custom set of Arch EX on Switch EVO's for your budget.
    "Why have that extra tooth if you're not using it?" - Brian Lopes

Votec V.SX Enduro 'Alpine Thug' 2012/2013 build

Trek Session 8