Luggage carrying, train+bike

DEEGEE
DEEGEE Posts: 2
edited July 2013 in Commuting general
Hi,

Now, I'm conscious that there's no one-size-fits-all solution, and that workaday morning commuters will have different solutions to what I'm after, but I figured I'd ask you lot anyway.

I'm mainly a (ultra) marathon runner, but I'm also a cyclist. As I have to travel a lot to get to races, and I try to travel by train when possible, and the best races are on a Sunday morning in the middle of nowhere, I often have to cover a few (5 or 6) miles between wherever I've managed to find a Premier Inn and the race. Invariably this depends on my forking out big-time for taxis.

Now, I got to thinking, as I'm not after competing, and as it's only 20 minutes riding, I could possibly ride to the start instead.

I'd be using my Speccy Hardrock as opposed to the Allez. Currently the Hardrock is set up for carrying a child, so I know what the extra weight feels like. Thing is, I'd need to be carrying a full set of running kit, plus a change of clothes/waterproofs and sometimes hydration/food/beer or "going to the pub shoes". I ride to work with a small rucksack, but it's not big enough for everything I need.

Any kit that I might like to look at? I might like it to be reasonably portable in case I tarry a while at interchange stations.

Comments

• slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    I don't think running kit takes up much space - the full change of clothes would though ...

I use a Pannier Rack Pack (from halfords) when transporting a little more than the norm.