TdF & Paradise Lost

mr_poll
mr_poll Posts: 1,547
edited July 2013 in Pro race
Just seen this:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/gallery/2013/jul/02/beautiful-games-paradise-lost-tour#/?picture=411942514&index=0

Wish I lived nearer to London this looks like an excellent exhibition. Anyone seen it yet, any good?

Comments

• TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    Thanks for posting that - beautiful! I'd be happy with some of those framed on my wall at home.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Very interesting and tastefully done. Nice mix of old photos and new editing.

Will try and pop along - thanks.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • mr_poll
    Does look good - bet Peter Sagan wishes the world was a little more like pic 6 on the site (No44) :wink:

Thought that might be up your street FF.
  • mr_poll
    Just searched about a bit and found his website - some really nice stuff on there.

http://www.james-straffon.co.uk/
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    Wow! Amazing web site! I love the framed Desange canvas - stunning.
  • term1te
    term1te Posts: 1,462
    Great find, thanks for posting. "Of darkness do we dread" is particularly stricking, but just what is happening above LA's left arm?
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,788
    Beautiful, thanks for sharing.
  • oneof1982
    oneof1982 Posts: 703
    Term1te wrote:
    Great find, thanks for posting. "Of darkness do we dread" is particularly stricking, but just what is happening above LA's left arm?

Not sure, but did notice Edgar A Poe's signature!

Clever and topical imagery.
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    Thanks for sharing, great pictures
  • davidof
    davidof Posts: 3,095
    He's a good graphic designer but isn't it just cashing in on the current cycling/TDF boom? As for Milton, purlease, pretentious Guardian reader claptrap.
    BASI Nordic Ski Instructor
    Instagramme
  • Tom Dean
    Tom Dean Posts: 1,723
    Interesting, thanks for the link
    davidof wrote:
    He's a good graphic designer but isn't it just cashing in on the current cycling/TDF boom?
    If by 'cashing in' you mean making things that people might like to buy then, err, probably.
    davidof wrote:
    As for Milton, purlease, pretentious Guardian reader claptrap.
    Do you think they would look better with quotes from e.g. Bravo Two Zero?
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    Tom Dean wrote:
    Interesting, thanks for the link
    davidof wrote:
    He's a good graphic designer but isn't it just cashing in on the current cycling/TDF boom?
    If by 'cashing in' you mean making things that people might like to buy then, err, probably.
    davidof wrote:
    As for Milton, purlease, pretentious Guardian reader claptrap.
    Do you think they would look better with quotes from e.g. Bravo Two Zero?

But fairdoos, if you're 12 and into cycling it would be cool to have one on your wall.