The Tuesday Yawning Thread

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited July 2013 in The Crudcatcher
Morning Losers!

Well, my boss finally had the conversation with the directors about the CC2CC and I'm not allowed to go :( This wasn't what I wanted to hear, so I'm going to have a conversation with my boss today saying something like "If the workplace can't cope without me for one week, why doesn't my pay reflect this?" Hopefully I'll get a job evaluation out of it. Every cloud and all that shizzle.

I didn't go to Judo in the end, so I should do some form of excercise tonight, as well as the shopping!

Laters!
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,868
    TKM - crap news :(

Morning

Today is reporting to corporate all day, can't wait. Then some time in the home gym I have set up to counteract the colossal amount I ate and drank this w.end. Though legs are still tired as I blasted home on the camp bike yesterday (19.9 mph av speed).

Right, onwards to a full English (ish - porridge)
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    TKM - the most sucking of suckiest news. Wring the b*****ds for every penny you can squeeze.

mmmm, Penny.......

Mornin' window lickers

Yeah, work and stuff, then home and a trip to the food shop. Rock and roll, me. Rock and f*****g roll.

Onwards! Mostly to coffee!
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Mehning, i iz very bizzay!
    one way or another i'll be leaving this office to go to another office today :roll:
    other than that, started building the Fatty last night, go 80% there but needs different cranks as it has a mahoosive BB and one of the mahoosive tubes was cut with what looked like a stanley blade?

Anywhoo coffees on the go and see where the day takes me

Toodles!
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Raymondavalon
    Raymondavalon Posts: 5,346
    Greetings Maggots,

Well, another day, another dime...
    A busy one today with many miles to be driven on roads occupied by people who have no idea about basic road manners
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    TKM: I can see a sickie coming ;)

Good morning already, came in early to fix a problem that I thought was going to be a major ball ache and involve me pulling floors up to access cables. Nope, I did the old turn it off and then on again trick, worked like a charm :lol:

Hopefully out on the DH bike later if it doesn't rain too much. My hip is still killing me after my OTB moment Sunday but ill just MTFU :)

Laters
  • thekickingmule
    welshkev wrote:
    TKM: I can see a sickie coming ;)
    I have to admit, this is on the cards for later in the week. Won't manage the whole week sadly, but you never know when an illness will kick in...
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Morning bumders

Uni meh. Followed by studying and the road bike tonight.

TTFN
  • cicatriz
    cicatriz Posts: 411
    Another good nights sleep was had. This is becoming a habit now and long may it last.

Badminton last night was nicely competetive so I was quite tired afterwards. Swimming tonight so once again I should be tired.

No real need for tea but why break the routine?

Later......
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Morning bum faces.

Last night i did some work on a bike.. it wasnt my bike! mine is actually running sweet for once. And a little playing of WOW was had which was nice.

Today is a day boredom and might ride tomorrow afterwork as its set to bucket down later and i can not be bothered to swim round the trails.

Onwards to free food.
  • clamps81
    clamps81 Posts: 315
    Had my final ride on the Tomac last night - 'twas a good one and two top fives were obtained. Minor OTB at the end due to clumsy mate, but all good. Came in the office early to unbox the nukeproof. Holy shit. It is properly lovely. Tonight will be mostly swapping bits betwxit the two and will most likely involve a phonecall to my favoured purveyor of Indian cuisine. Maybe a couple of cheeky ales as well.

Hopefully get the first ride on it in tomorrow, about which I am tremendously excited.
    Nukeproof Mega AM

Tomac Snyper - Now sadly in pieces
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    clamps81 wrote:
    Came in the office early to unbox the nukeproof. Holy shoot. It is properly lovely. Tonight will be mostly swapping bits betwxit the two and will most likely involve a phonecall to my favoured purveyor of Indian cuisine. Maybe a couple of cheeky ales as well.

Genuinely jealous of your night, what bike is it?

Morning all,

CAD, reports and assessments today wooo

laters
  • clamps81
    clamps81 Posts: 315
    Nukeproof Mega AM 2012 in BLACK. Looks lovely. Having all the SRAM X0 stuff pulled off this evening and my Shimano XT/Zee stuff ported over.
    Nukeproof Mega AM

Tomac Snyper - Now sadly in pieces
  • foxc_uk
    foxc_uk Posts: 1,292
    Afternoon

Today I have put some bikes in boxes, done some spread sheet type stuff and ordered some bits for The Show.
    Last night I ate an embarrassing amount of Tunnock's Caramel Wafers. They are good though.
    Tonight is a quick tidy up at home in preparation for date night, followed by yoga.

Kisses
    FoxC
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,492
    clamps81 wrote:
    Came in the office early to unbox the nukeproof. Holy shoot. It is properly lovely.

What Nukeproof you got clamps? Please don't say a Pulse or I'll be jealous...

Afternoon Wasters,

Another long day in the office but I might squeeze in a quick beer afterwards in the pub that's conveniently right opposite our office exit :) . Had a good laugh last night as I saw my brother in law on that 'Undercover Boss' show looking like a bit of a numpty and got some good p1$$ taking mileage out of it. Now for more work - lots of it....
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • MissCMC
    MissCMC Posts: 545

Last night i did some work on a bike.. it wasnt my bike! quote]

No it was my bike. He is turning out to be such an obedient slave.

Work is busy. Like always.

Looking for a new fully bouncy bike...
    Sarcasm: Because punching someone in the face is illegal.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,492
    Must resist joke about office bicycles...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Must resist joke about office bicycles...

Do it do it Do it do it Do it do it Do it do it Do it do it Do it do it Do it do it Do it do it Do it do it Do it do it Do it do it Do it do it Do it do it Do it do it Do it do it Do it do it Do it do it Do it do it Do it do it Do it do it Do it do it Do it do it
  • projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    That sucks TKM, surely you're entitled to have holiday, other team members absence permitting?

Today is my monday afer having 4 days off, decided to to go for a quick ride late yesterday evening with the aim of getting to my local trail, around and back home before the sun set.

Today's been reasonably quiet, just a few emails, one of which is my half month personal review, which I have on Friday.
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • thekickingmule
    That sucks TKM, surely you're entitled to have holiday, other team members absence permitting?
    The problem is that at the time of the CC2CC, I will probably have 2/3 new starters, so the directors think I'd be leaving them in deep water. I've pointed out that everything should work with no problems, but they 'can't take the risk'. Had my minion not left, this wouldn't have been an issue apparently
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    The problem is that at the time of the CC2CC, I will probably have 2/3 new starters, so the directors think I'd be leaving them in deep water. I've pointed out that everything should work with no problems, but they 'can't take the risk'. Had my minion not left, this wouldn't have been an issue apparently

Just remember it when they're asking favours of you. It feels good when you seize the right opportunity.
  • MissCMC
    MissCMC Posts: 545

Just remember it when they're asking favours of you. It feels good when you seize the right opportunity.

That's their problem not yours! If they haven't organised cover or sufficient time to train people it's not your issue. More likely they are scared of having to do some work themselves.
    Sarcasm: Because punching someone in the face is illegal.
  • thekickingmule
    Very true, well, the problem is (as has been highlighted for the last 18 months or so!) that I'm the only one that can do certain things in my workplace (and education place), so like it or not, I have to take holidays. Apparently because it's the first week of term, that's bad (even though they spend that week introducing themselves and the courses :roll: )
    I'm hoping to escape later in the week to join the guys on the last day or 2 if I can. We shall see
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    It plain sucks donkey ass, I mean what if you had forked out hundreds of quid or it had been your honeymoon, they granted your leave so their problem, but I can understand it being a hard situation for you to deal with, like they say, just remember it when they need a favour. I hope you can make it later in the week or even the Saturday because you are still an integral part of team crud, likewise you are more than welcome to join in the training rides.

We'll put you in an admin role instead which you can do in company time ;)
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • thekickingmule
    The problem was I didn't get my new holiday card until recently, and so couldn't apply for the holiday until now. Cheeky beggars. Other people at work think it's unfair too, so I'm not alone, but I don't think or expect the decision to be reversed.

Admin role sounds good to me! I'm still wanting to get out on the bike as much as I can, so will get to as many training sessions as possible, and practise my uphill technique (giggity) ;)
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    good man, yeah I understand the holiday situation though too, just really harsh on you. That's cool though you can be the brains to our brawn ;)
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp