Business opportunity for someone

stubs
stubs Posts: 5,001
edited August 2013 in MTB general
Unfortunately Lumicycle is up for sale which is a big pity as there aftersales service in my experience is brilliant.

Dear ......

Would you like to own and run Lumicycle Ltd?

It's been great fun running Lumicycle for the last 16 years but the time has come for me to lay down the soldering iron. My concern now is to find a capable and enthusiastic new owner for the company. Someone who will care for our many thousands of loyal customers, in the way that they have come to expect, and continue our track record of making good profits by making great bike lights. If you'd like to know what would be involved in taking over the UK's best loved Bike Light Brand, please drop me a line. No tyre kickers please!

Yours sincerely,

Stephen Young
Managing Director Lumicycle Ltd

All the cheapo ebay 6 gazillion lumen lights from China must be killing business and I admit to owning 2 made in Asia and sold on ebay by dealers from Asia lanterns :(

edit: Didnt realise I had done the previous edit in caps.
Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap

Comments

• Troutie is saying the same

No one wants quality now you can get Hong Kong jobbies for throw away money.

The best of British to you all http://troutie.com/
  • stubs
    I have got a Lumicycle HID light that just sits in a drawer because a replacement bulb is £80. I bought two 1800 lumen ebay lights one for £25 and the other for £19. They arent as good as a £250 light but they are certainly better than virtually anything available 5 years ago.
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • stuartfung
    stuartfung Posts: 90
    stubs wrote:
    Unfortunately Lumicycle is up for sale which is a big pity as there aftersales service in my experience is brilliant.

Dear ......

Would you like to own and run Lumicycle Ltd?

It's been great fun running Lumicycle for the last 16 years but the time has come for me to lay down the soldering iron. My concern now is to find a capable and enthusiastic new owner for the company. Someone who will care for our many thousands of loyal customers, in the way that they have come to expect, and continue our track record of making good profits by making great bike lights. If you'd like to know what would be involved in taking over the UK's best loved Bike Light Brand, please drop me a line. No tyre kickers please!

Yours sincerely,

Stephen Young
    Managing Director Lumicycle Ltd

All the cheapo ebay 6 gazillion lumen lights from China must be killing business and I admit to owning 2 chinky lanterns :(

HEY, DO YOU WANT TO REVISE YOUR RACIST REMARK!!!
    Dialled Alpine MK2, Ragley Blue Pig, Giant TCR Carbon Road
  • stubs
    What racist remark ?
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    He's just flaring up for no real reason, PC and whatnot
  • stubs
    I presume he means the Chinky lantern part. For the life of me I cant see how this is racist its just a way of describing a blindingly bright cheap LED light made in the far east. If hes offended by it he seriously needs to get a life but if he wants I will edit the original. I cant edit the quote though he will have to report that to a moderator.
  • milko9000
    milko9000 Posts: 533
    Ah, it's always white men who are nobly not offended on behalf of others, eh. Coming next: "Paki" is just an abbreviation so don't get cross, men on why sexism is fine really so stop whining, rich folks on why jobseekers just need to work harder and other such PC Gone Mad nonsense!

You don't get the right to decide for others, so why not just not use the term? Sure it'd be nice to not have the word loaded with a history of racism but that's sadly not the case. Obviously this was thoughtless rather than actually racist use, but now you've a chance to think about it. So you know, props for fixing that original post. Back to lights, hopefully!
  • pesky_jones
    For someone speaking so strongly against even mild racism -
    milko9000 wrote:
    Ah, it's always white men who are nobly not offended on behalf of others, eh

that is stereotyping a race - just so you know
  • stubs
    milko9000 wrote:
    Ah, it's always white men who are nobly not offended on behalf of others, eh.

How do you know what colour my skin is. How do you know what sex I am. How do you if I have a job. How do you know my sexual orientation.

Oh I know why you have profiled me put me in a box and made me a racist, white, chauvinisitic, millionare.

Way to go I dont care what colour, race, sex or sexual orientation, job situation, or where you come from idiot.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,047
    I love my lumicycle lights, I shine them through my blonde wife's ears and make her eyes sparkle!

Wait... Is that blondist?
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • milko9000
    Oh look, you got a little bit offended at being called white and male! (I am inferring this from incomplete evidence and may be wrong) Chill out bro/sis, it's only words, remember! Clearly they were right for both of you but hey ho. (And clearly the 'coming soon' bits were generic examples to illustrate the point, not accusations)
  • stubs
    milko9000 wrote:
    Oh look, you got a little bit offended at being called white and male! (I am inferring this from incomplete evidence and may be wrong) Chill out bro/sis, it's only words, remember! Clearly they were right for both of you but hey ho. (And clearly the 'coming soon' bits were generic examples to illustrate the point, not accusations)

I'm not offended I just think your an idiot because without even stopping to think for a second you racially, sexually and financially profiled me and like an idiot made an idiotic statement that wouldnt even get on the letters page of the Guardian.

Your an idiot and if thats offensive well tough your an idiot and you dont get to decide.
  • stubs
    Oh and in the finest tradition of the interwebz heres a smiley to make things all better :roll:
  • pesky_jones
    milko9000 wrote:
    You don't get the right to decide for others, so why not just not use the term? Sure it'd be nice to not have the word loaded with a history of racism but that's sadly not the case
    milko9000 wrote:
    Chill out bro/sis, it's only words, remember!
  • milko9000
    Pesky Jones, look up irony. And then smile, like stubs! Well, he nearly managed it anyway.
  • pesky_jones
    No, it appears that you should look up irony, thats not ironic :? You were just being a massive hypacrit. Smile
  • milko9000
    ok dude/dudette! :D:lol::):mrgreen:
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Do I detect a chink in someone's armour?
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • homers_double
    terracotta-warriors-8.jpg
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    I love my lumicycle lights, I shine them through my blonde wife's ears and make her eyes sparkle!

so what happens when you shine them into your Brunette wife´s hair?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    stubs wrote:
    Your an idiot and if thats offensive well tough your an idiot and you dont get to decide.
    oh dear me.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    nicklouse wrote:
    stubs wrote:
    oh dear me.

:lol::lol::lol:
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    welshkev wrote:
    nicklouse wrote:
    stubs wrote:
    oh dear me.

:lol::lol::lol:
    I don't do smilies so I'll borrow yours.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • homers_double
    nicklouse wrote:

so what happens when you shine them into your Brunette wife´s hair?

I get a pan shaped implement to the head off the blonde.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    milko9000 wrote:

Mike... Is that you...? Two-timing teh?
  • milko9000
    Haha, yes John (YJ). There's not enough mountain bike talk there, on account of it would be me talking to myself most of the time. Which is perhaps better for everyone else, admittedly.
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Yeah maybe. But fancy coming here and winding everyone up with your PC gone mad approach to life. For shame, milko9000.
  • ScareyJ
    ScareyJ Posts: 64
    This thread went so far off topic it's Imposibru!

How much did the owner want for the business?
  • lbalony
    lbalony Posts: 301
    What are these cheap Chinese lights like then? Wouldn't mind purchasing one. A lot cheaper than the Magicshine I had my eye on.