Hope jockey wheels....

*AJ*
*AJ* Posts: 1,080
edited July 2013 in MTB workshop & tech
Just received these through from CRC,

1117FE11-5667-41E9-9312-9F8B0B0A5C5B-11593-000004148918E811.jpg

Can anyone spot the problem? If indeed it is a problem?... Should I be sending them back?

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Top jockey wheels are designed to float to help shifting.
  • *AJ*
    These have different fittings though even though they both say lower on them?

Does this mean that hope haven't actually made a mistake?....
  • warpcow
    warpcow Posts: 1,448
    The brass bush is removable and only needed to fit certain mechs.

Edit: Doh :lol: But I can say that the only difference between Hope uppers and lowers is the chamfered edge on the teeth: no float in the upper.
  • *AJ*
    I see! So they do need to go back then?
  • Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    I think so. On Merlin you can just make out the upper and lower, defo says it. Although, the one that says upper does look like your top one, with the gold in bush type thing in the middle.
  • *AJ*
    Pictures from google images show that there are upper and lower ones!

The upper ones have the brass bush, which one of mine does have! So I thought maybe hope had just made a pair out of odd ones! But they have directional arrows on them, one of which would be running backwards If I fitted them as they are!

I'll send them back! Just to be sure!
  • Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    No, you just turn them around to get the stated direction, unless they say L and R on?
  • *AJ*
    They both say lower on, pics on google show them with upper and lower markings...

They might work if I flip them over but it's not what I'm supposed to do is it?

I'll just send them back to get a proper pair, rather than fit them and then have issues and not be able to return them!
  • *AJ*
    hope-jockey-wheels.jpg
  • *AJ*
    Just to follow this up, I made a call to CRC and they sent me a new set out, that were checked to ensure one of each was included. They arrived this morning! Fantastic!

They didn't even want the old ones back! :D
  • Giraffoto
    Giraffoto Posts: 2,078
    *AJ* wrote:
    They didn't even want the old ones back! :D

Very kind of them - I'd take this opportunity to tart up two other mechs - the lower wheel's the most visible anyway. :)
    Specialized Roubaix Elite 2015
    XM-057 rigid 29er
  • *AJ*
    That is very true! they do like nice too!

89008CA7-E12C-4289-9371-30E39B7016CB-17423-000005FAAD233BB2.jpg