Back to Work Monday...

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited July 2013 in The Crudcatcher
Morning Losers!

Well that was a terrible nights sleep. Head hit the pillow and even though I was knackered, I seemed to wake up :roll: Then got woken at 4:30 by my washing machine, which hasn't happened before.
Anywho, today I have to ask my boss for a day off a week on Friday, for a 'fun' event. Hopefully she'll let me take the day from overtime rather than a holiday, as it certainly isn't a holiday!

Judo later, then early night for this mule!

Laters!
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Mornin' exes and double-exes,

Great weekend was had starting with a noodle bar visit on Firday eve with a few mates, then peddling all over the Peaks in the company of TKM, Bails87, FoxC, Richie63 and 'Mike'. Yesterday featured copious amounts of shooting people - which worked out quite well for me, less so for for a few others.

I slept like a log last night, and a few more hours of that wouldn't have gone amiss. Anyhoo today I am in compiling an instruction manual for the new death-ray machine, which shouldn't prove too taxing (stick things with the pointy end, don't touch this bit, don't feed after midninght, etc)

Onwards! To coffee! To documentation! And to browsing potential full-sussers on 't'interwebz!
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    morning all,

nice 50km ride done yesterday, except for the fact that I had an OTB moment and landed smack on a huge rock with my hip. I now have a huge bruise and can't walk properly :x

counting down the days to Thursday when I go on holiday for 10 days :D

laters
  • projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    So far it's looking good, today is my sunday, it's bright and sunny already so should probably get out on the bike but need somewhere new and exciting to pedal.
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,873
    Morning

Yesterday was a good day with enough sport and cider to keep me happy

Today is win so far with a decent cycle in, though offset with stupid IT replacing my desktop with a docking station, some notice would have been good as I would then have brought my laptop in!

Right - more tea
  • cicatriz
    cicatriz Posts: 411
    A quick weekend followed by what will be a very slow week.

Lots of CBA this morning so I'll need lots of tea to see me through.

Later......
  • cazmotron
    cazmotron Posts: 161
    morning you moppers of jizz
    Finally have the all clear from the doc to back out on the bike after my eye surgery, 2 moths with no riding makes for an unhappy cazmotron. So to celebrate I have the bike in the boot so I can go hit the commonwealth track after work as I am not on call this week :)
    Attention all planets of the Solar Federation - We have assumed control.
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    Morning biketards!

Well after the excitement of my trip to Silverstone yesterday, work seems pretty crap. No that's a lie... It's beyond crap and all I want to do is go for a ride or better still sleep until I actually feel like I belong in the land of the living, feeling pretty knackered after yesterday it must be said!

Had an awesome time at the GP, gutted for Hamilton but what a drive to come back to 4th!! The cheers from the entire crowd when Vettel retired was priceless, it actually drowned out te noise of the cars and that's saying something!! Awesome experience and would love to go again, to anyone even remotely interested in F1 I can't recommend it enough, the atmosphere was just unbelievable and the racing was superb! Top day out!!

Anyways, I guess I should probably do some work, having sat here over an hour and done absolutely feck all, motivation is lacking for sure!!
  • Raymondavalon
    Raymondavalon Posts: 5,346
    Morning Maggots,

Another day on the dark continent.
    We're all awaiting the death of the old terrorist and the rumoured chaos that will follow his demise
    Other than that, I had a cracking weekend where I celebrated my birthday in style.
    A quiet day in the Portacabin where I work and the hardest part of the day seems to be keeping myself entertained
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Evening ladies and lady boys.

Weekend was good much riding. This week is mostly waiting for house stuff and brain dead dead helping controllers finish month end so I can get on with the tax.

Some work to be done on bikes later, but for now on to mystery free lunch!
  • foxc_uk
    foxc_uk Posts: 1,292
    Goodly Afterlubrious
    A great weekend overshadowed by finding out that someone I thought was a really good friend probably doesn't think of me in the same way. Ah well.
    Today is full of workmeh, and tonight is full of tidyupmeh. I have booked a table at a local curry making establishment for date night on Wednesday though, so it's not all bad.

Kisses
    FoxC
  • MissCMC
    MissCMC Posts: 545
    Well that was an interesting weekend. Friday night was lots of drink and food. Ended up on Wind Street with members of the cast of The Call Centre lurking around. Hangover from hell on Saturday which wasn't helped by having to go food shopping. Yet another girl from work got engaged on Saturday. Her and the bf split up 6 months ago, got back together 3 months ago and now they are engaged. I am the sole remaining singleton in my office of 20.

Ride yesterday was horrid. Total head funk. Basically I took my bike for a walk. At one point I nearly dispatched it down the side of the mountain on its own. My leg and arm still kill from last weeks pathetic crash and feeling a bit of a wimp. Almost put Waylander in a ditch at one point but luckily he survived as he promised to buy me food.

Cannot wait for this week to be over.
    Sarcasm: Because punching someone in the face is illegal.
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    We're all awaiting the death of the old terrorist and the rumoured chaos that will follow his demise
    Mandella? Terrorist? Wah?

Morning ©unt$

Had an awesome time at Chicksands, my mate had a huge crash which was really funny to watch - as bad as it sounds. He wasn't hurt. That badly. Chilled out yesterday in the park with buds beers bbq and buddies. Good weekend.

Laters
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    Afternoon Scuttlers

As the thread says its back to work today, followed by a stupid o clock gym session so as to get a bit of running under the belt for TKC on sat.

tarrah
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • clamps81
    clamps81 Posts: 315
    Major workmeh today. Got a nice scrape on my leg where a slab on a trail shot out from under me and deposited me down the side of the hill, so that's not helping matters. New bike has also been delivered to the office - this is excellent, except for the fact that I am in another office, so won't get to clap eyes on it tomorrow. Final spin on the old bike tonight and I shall then dismantle it to move the parts over. Something to look forward to at least.
    Nukeproof Mega AM

Tomac Snyper - Now sadly in pieces
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Afternoon bumders, uni meh this morning. Studying this afternoon. TdF is on in the background. Sorted. TTFN.
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    MissCMC wrote:
    Almost put Waylander in a ditch at one point but luckily he survived as he promised to buy me food.

And delivered, im not ready for a ditch just yet!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,549
    MissCMC wrote:
    Almost put Waylander in a ditch at one point but luckily he survived as he promised to buy me food.

And delivered, im not ready for a ditch just yet!
    Sounds like you have a beautiful relationship...

Title should be 'Still at f*****g work Monday' as I've not yet left. Ho hum.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • rgliniany
    rgliniany Posts: 753
    Greetings from the land of the convicts.

As it is now officially winter down here a gym has been joined as its a bit too dangerous to ride a bike out when i get home from work.... dark and populated by numpties who have issues driving when the road is anything but bone dry... Was looked at with a bit of distain when i entered the spin class without a towel and other super cool cycling toys... bottles.... etc... but showed them good and proper :wink: not one of them got any distance on me by the end.... plus i wasn't heaving my guts up at the finish..... muscle memory is awesome.... :lol:
    It's a boy , It's a boy , I Shouted Running Into The Street With Tears Running Down My Face.....

That's The Last Time I Holiday In Thailand

URL Pinkbike