Santa Cruz Nickel owners swingarm issues

eric_draven
eric_draven Posts: 1,192
edited July 2013 in MTB general
as title says,wondered if any one on here owns one and had any problems swingarm,was riding mine last week around Dalby Forrest,and the chain kept jumping off the middle chain ring,on closer inspection the chain was bending around the front mech,when i got home i noticed the yoke on the swingarm was not right,a 2-3mm gap on one side,on my bike stand i could see the wheel was not in line with the frame,as for warranty i am not covered as i did not buy it new,i have phoned Stif they talked to jungle the importers,about purchasing one myself £275,but because the frame is now discontinued they flatly refused to sell me one as they said they are keeping hold of them for in case of a warranty job,but apparantley they have never had one go before,bit it sounded more like they did not have one in stock,and it seem to much hassle to order one for for some one who did not buy a new bike/frame off them (nevermind people buying used /secondhand keep the market going for people to sell to when they want to buy new),if anyone else has had problems please let me no so i could have a little more substance to my case,"if they ever answer their phone or emails i have sent"

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    What case?
    Seems reasonable that they would hold some in case they do get a warranty claim.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    You have no case to be frank. You have no warranty and no rights as you are not the original owner.

Harsh, but that's the way it is.

However... it is a bit harsh that they will not sell you one. But that is their right.
  • eric_draven
    never meant to sound like i had a god given right to buy one off them,i fully accept the fact of they can refuse to sell me one,case was probably the wrong word to use, just wondering if anybody else has had the same problem with theirs,so i would know mine wasn't a one off,as the main pivot bolt system is not an overly good idea,it was just a chance of maybe persuading them to supply one,I know it will probably do no good,but it maybe worth a chance as a new swingarm is a a lot less than a new or used frame
  • It may be worth contacting Santa Cruz USA reagarding the swing arm mate, also any chance of posting a picture as i have just got a second hand Nickel and im curious to see the issue.

Regards
  • eric_draven
    It may be worth contacting Santa Cruz USA reagarding the swing arm mate, also any chance of posting a picture as i have just got a second hand Nickel and im curious to see the issue.

Regards
    this was going to be my next try was to the US end,super sweet bike to ride when working,never really missed my old enduro,will take some photo's later when i get the chance