Fit 5 or something else?

diamondbacker
diamondbacker Posts: 224
edited July 2013 in Road buying advice
I'm thinking about buying the Fit 5 from Decathlon and adding a HG80 11-28t cassette.

It seems a light (10.4kg) bike for the price with a good spec. Before I take the plunge is there anything comparable that (preferably) won't need the cassette altering? I don't want to be pushing too hard up the hills!

I wouldn't be doing any racing but might try a sportive at some point and would like a reasonably light, quick bike.

Comments

• I also noticed the Carrera Gryphon as an alternative although it does seem a bit heavier. Which is the better bike?
  • Anyone got any advice/opinions?
  • I've had my Fitness5 (Forme5) for over a year now and also replaced the cassette for a 28t (mainly because I refused to use the granny ring).

I've enjoyed riding mine and and its only just starting to show signs of needing new rear wheel (pot hole damage to the rim and freehub starting to stick)

I went for it as it offered great value for money and I wasn't sure if it would suit me but it's still getting used and still looks great
  • nine_tails
    nine_tails Posts: 11
    I was considering Fit3 and ended up with a triban 3. Happy with the purchase.