RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    very good shoots...
  • itsnotarace
    itsnotarace Posts: 518
    Lovely attention to detail in the build, bravo indeed
  • oldmuthariley
    oldmuthariley Posts: 108
    edited May 2014
  • Are they nemesis or H plus son wheels? Superb bike. Every time I see a great steel framed bike like this I want to go and get measured up!

Theyr'e wheelsmith nemesis clinchers - same as ambrosio tubulars but made by wheelsmith up in scotland

http://www.wheelsmith.co.uk/

the whole bike is completely silent - freehub included!

Lovely wheels. I have set of Nemesis tubs handbuilt by Ugo.Santalucia of this forum. I fully expect him to comment in some way shape or form as soon as he spots the thread.

These are "Nemesis lookalike", they are clincher rims NOT made by Ambrosio (probably Taiwanese?), then fitted with a counterbalance plate to resemble that of Nemesis rims. I guess Ambrosio can't be bothered to fight a legal battle for these NOT to be called Nemesis... or maybe they don't even own a copyright on the name... either way, I don't think it is a concern for Ambrosio as the number of these around is pretty tiny
    left the forum March 2023
  • Are they nemesis or H plus son wheels? Superb bike. Every time I see a great steel framed bike like this I want to go and get measured up!

Theyr'e wheelsmith nemesis clinchers - same as ambrosio tubulars but made by wheelsmith up in scotland

http://www.wheelsmith.co.uk/

the whole bike is completely silent - freehub included!

Lovely wheels. I have set of Nemesis tubs handbuilt by Ugo.Santalucia of this forum. I fully expect him to comment in some way shape or form as soon as he spots the thread.

These are "Nemesis lookalike", they are clincher rims NOT made by Ambrosio (probably Taiwanese?), then fitted with a counterbalance plate to resemble that of Nemesis rims. I guess Ambrosio can't be bothered to fight a legal battle for these NOT to be called Nemesis... or maybe they don't even own a copyright on the name... either way, I don't think it is a concern for Ambrosio as the number of these around is pretty tiny

I don't think it was ever inferred they were made by ambrosio..
    anyway the rims i buckled and dinged were campagnolo omegas - made by campagnolo.
  • I don't think it was ever inferred they were made by ambrosio..
    anyway the rims i buckled and dinged were campagnolo omegas - made by campagnolo.

Not by you, but Wheelsmith call them "nemesis Clincher" which I think is a mild violation... In the past Campagnolo had to drop the name Daytona, because it was already in use in other engineering industry... there are many cases like this one. Among companies it ends up in litigation and courts.
    In the specific instance, he takes advantage of the name of an established product to gain a competitive advantage... it's not playing by the rules... then of course you are looking at a medium size company Vs a one man band in a shack in Scotland, so the issue is not huge, but a violation nonetheless
  • when the wheelsmith clinchers wear out they'll be replaced with a tasty pair of open4 ceramics.. :D

KGrHqRqIFHw5jZWpHBSFjjUEnCw60_12_zpsfa1055c5.jpg
  • Yes, yes. But, how does the damn thing ride? :D
  • oldmuthariley
    oldmuthariley Posts: 108
    edited May 2014
  • Sweet bike. I know not important but any idea of the weight?

I love the look of those wheels, was tempted to get some for my steel but couldnt justify as I have some other rims to be built up. I always assumed the rims where these: http://hplusson.com/products/TB14 Perhaps not?
  • thiscocks wrote:
    Sweet bike. I know not important but any idea of the weight?

I love the look of those wheels, was tempted to get some for my steel but couldnt justify as I have some other rims to be built up. I always assumed the rims where these: http://hplusson.com/products/TB14 Perhaps not?

weight wise i'm not 100% sure - i think it's hovering around 8kg.
    i'm planning on some other wheels being built which should get it down to 7. something.
    I'm going to weigh it at a bike shop soon so will report back.

Which wheels do you mean? the all black ones?
    they're campagnolo omega clinchers
    the grey ones with silver spokes are wheelsmith clinchers.
    cheers :)
  • thiscocks wrote:

No, they are not the H plus Son TB 14... they are similar though...
  • thiscocks wrote:

No, they are not the H plus Son TB 14... they are similar though...

yep, i already said that :shock:
  • Glad to hear that you're still loving the Rourke. Mine was lacquered yesterday. Doubt that I'll get it in time for xmas day but it's the best present I'm ever likely to receive, even if it was to myself :wink:
  • Glad to hear that you're still loving the Rourke. Mine was lacquered yesterday. Doubt that I'll get it in time for xmas day but it's the best present I'm ever likely to receive, even if it was to myself :wink:

Bravo! look forward to seeing some pics soon.
  • On a windy Devizes hill top by the white horse.
    Anodizing is wearing off of the campag rims at a rate of knots

008_zps0770db20.jpg
  • A makeover will be happening soon......
    Frame has now been stripped after a winter's riding - every component needs stripping/cleaning /greasing
    as it's covered in crap.

- New wheels will be built / purchased
    - New bars/stem
    - New King headset
    - Frame / forks are getting new paint/decals soon
    - Record 11 speed at some point

watch this space! 8)
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,262
    A makeover will be happening soon......
    Frame has now been stripped after a winter's riding - every component needs stripping/cleaning /greasing
    as it's covered in crap.

- New bars/stem
    - New King headset

watch this space! 8)

I hope you're not replacing the rims because the anodised is wearing off... :shock:
  • Would it upset you if that was the case? (which it isn't)
  • thiscocks
    thiscocks Posts: 549
    Let me know if you want to sell the wheelsmith clinchers! :)
  • drlodge
    drlodge Posts: 4,826
    A makeover will be happening soon......
    as it's covered in crap.

- New bars/stem
    - New King headset

watch this space! 8)

A bit surprised that the headset is shot, is it a Chris King at the moment? What's worn with the wheels? I assume the other replacements are because you want a change rather than need to replace them?

I've got Super Record 11sp, I think Chorus is the sweet spot and barely distinguishable from Record. Certainly if I got another road bike I would fit Chorus rather han Record.
    WyndyMilla Massive Attack | Rourke 953 | Condor Italia 531 Pro | Boardman CX Pro | DT Swiss RR440 Tubeless Wheels
    Find me on Strava
  • It's funny that because i'm changing a few bits that people think "the headset is shot and the wheels are worn"
    Headset is like new but i'm getting something a bit more colourful, the wheels are fine but weigh a ton so will be used for crap weather / commuting on my other bike and a nicer/lighter pair used when the Rourke is built back up.
    Bar wise i've gone from 42cc to 44cc and it makes a big difference - also gone for shorter reach bars.
  • thiscocks wrote:
    Let me know if you want to sell the wheelsmith clinchers! :)

already sold chap :)
  • drlodge
    drlodge Posts: 4,826
    Nothing wrong with a bit of bling on a Rourke frame, its what it deserves! I've got 44cc bars and much prefer them to 42s.

What wheels are you thinking of?
    WyndyMilla Massive Attack | Rourke 953 | Condor Italia 531 Pro | Boardman CX Pro | DT Swiss RR440 Tubeless Wheels
    Find me on Strava
  • drlodge wrote:
    Nothing wrong with a bit of bling on a Rourke frame, its what it deserves! I've got 44cc bars and much prefer them to 42s.

some nice 2014 destickered Reynolds attacks - if i can find a grand.
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    drlodge wrote:

some nice 2014 destickered Reynolds attacks - if i can find a grand.
    :shock: