South Downs Epic

neilrosser
neilrosser Posts: 236
edited July 2013 in XC and Enduro
Anyone else riding this event on Sunday? :)
Trek Fuel EX8

Comments

• Fearn0
    Fearn0 Posts: 12
    Yep doing the epic.should be good weather too.
  • Twelly
    Twelly Posts: 1,437
    Rode this today, volunteered in the morning with traffic control to get free entry!
    Weather was awesome, baking hot and sunny.
    Tried the epic route (40m) but my legs gave out at 24m (plus I have had back issues recently) so I took a shortcut back to Fontwell via Goodwood.

Totals were 33.3 miles in 3hr33 which is weird!

Cracking day though, my second Wiggle event and it was very well run, everyone very friendly and much more relaxed than a road sportive.

I highly recommend volunteering in the morning for free entry + free High5 goodies.
  • bartimaeus
    bartimaeus Posts: 1,812
    It was a great event, and god was it hot. As a Kingley Vale local I knew a good deal of the route (Duncton all the way round to the 'Fox Runs Free') but the rest was new to me... I was very impressed with the route: challenging but interesting with plenty of local atmosphere. I particularly liked the rooty final descent towards Slindon - great stuff. Loved it.
    Vitus Sentier VR+ (2018) GT Grade AL 105 (2016)
    Giant Anthem X4 (2010) GT Avalanche 1.0 (2010)
    Kingley Vale and QECP Trail Collective - QECP Trail Building
  • botch
    botch Posts: 15
    It was a good route - it's the first one I've managed to do this year, but enjoyed it a lot. A couple of very steep climbs (you know it's bad when you get overtaken by walkers), but some very nice downhill sections that followed on. Oh, and some ducks :lol:
  • neilrosser
    neilrosser Posts: 236
    Never made it in the end :( , hurt me knee at work and didn't want to take the risk :evil:
    Sounds like I would of struggled even fully fit :shock:
    Trek Fuel EX8
  • bartimaeus
    bartimaeus Posts: 1,812
    botch wrote:
    Oh, and some ducks :lol:
    I had completely forgotten about the ducks! :D Should be in the official photos - there was a photographer there.
    Vitus Sentier VR+ (2018) GT Grade AL 105 (2016)
    Giant Anthem X4 (2010) GT Avalanche 1.0 (2010)
    Kingley Vale and QECP Trail Collective - QECP Trail Building
  • botch
    botch Posts: 15
    the photos are up - http://sportivephoto.thirdlight.com/viewcontainer.tlx?containerid=17763328827&home=1 including with the ducks, though none can be seen in either mine or my other half's pics. Mind, I did nearly wipe the guy out...