Superstar pacenti/tesla hubs or hope pro2 evo stans flow

Dannydarlo19
Dannydarlo19 Posts: 13
edited July 2013 in MTB general
I'm riding a cube acid 2012, and looking ways to shed weight?
I've been looking at superstar pacenti /tesla wheels or hop pro2 stans flow? Really stuck, any help much appreciated.

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Hope pro 2 and flow will haedly shed any weight.

You need to weigh the wheels you have to be sure.
  • Cheers will do that
  • Mccraque
    Mccraque Posts: 819
    If you're on an acid why look at flow? They're Downhill capable?

Superstar still do their switch evo hub on a crest for £200. 1650g per wheelset. I've run mine for 2 years the ought grotty winters and bearings just getting in need of replace.
  • Superstar are the ones I chose with however when going to local bike shop they were throwing other ideas in, but think I'm going to stick with my original option
  • So what do you recommend switch evo hub or pacenti tesla?
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    What do your wheels weigh?
  • welsh_14
    welsh_14 Posts: 259
    I've got the Pacenti/Tesla combo. Swapped from Mavic XC717 on Shimano hubs and the difference is amazing! The hubs roll so well and I would highly recommend them. Great pick up and when you start going down they pick up speed very quickly.

My Pacenti rims have taken a bit of abuse over last couple of rides (I've been off my bike a while due to surgery so still getting to grips with riding smooth again! :oops: )but they have been fine and had no issues.
  • felix.london
    felix.london Posts: 4,067
    ...but the OP has said he's
    looking ways to shed weight?

but hasn't given the weights of his current wheels so the whole things just guess work really
    "Why have that extra tooth if you're not using it?" - Brian Lopes

Votec V.SX Enduro 'Alpine Thug' 2012/2013 build

Trek Session 8
  • I haven't weighed them but going from other people they say theirs weigh nearl 2000 grams per wheel? Could be bollocks.
  • swod1
    swod1 Posts: 1,639
    I haven't weighed them but going from other people they say theirs weigh nearl 2000 grams per wheel? Could be ****.

that will include tyre and an inner tube if using one and brake rotor/cassette etc but doubt that will really weigh much.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    I haven't weighed them but going from other people they say theirs weigh nearl 2000 grams per wheel? Could be ****.
    It is ****, for example a typical midrange wheelset is around 2-2.1Kg for BOTH wheels.

2Kg would actually be too light for a rear wheel complete.

Typical midrange front 900g
    Typical midrange rear 1050g

disc - 125g plus 12g for bolts
    tube - 200g
    Tyre - 700g

So 1950g for the front
    Add 300g for the cassette on the rear 1250g.

Only way to find out is strip and weigh, otherwise you're wasting time and possibly money.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    Cube wheels, especially the RFR Alex ones are pretty heavy. Probably over 2kg. The Pacenti/Tesla would probably save 500g ish.
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.