caRRERA vulcan

rizzee
rizzee Posts: 15
edited June 2013 in MTB general
ive just got home with new bike and im not sure wether this is normal as in its just breaking in.my problem is the back wheel looks as if its a little buckled when goin round i cant tell if the tyres are warped or its the rim itself.

Comments

• Kowalski675
    Kowalski675 Posts: 4,412
    Hold a straight edge (a ruler or similar) against the chainstay, just not quite touching the rim, then spin the wheel slowly and watch the gap - that'll tell you if there's any runout in the rim.
  • rizzee
    rizzee Posts: 15
    thanks yea its defo not not right i can see with thenaked eye.also its now got worse as the wires underneath the frame are hanging dwn as there not tight enough and the front gear will not move from the middle.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Read 'Read this first' below and do some adjusting.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • New bike, as in new, just ridden home from Halfords new? Don't fettle, take it back!
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    If the wheel is buckled, yes. But if it just needs things adjusted properly it's quicker to just do it, and at least you know it's done right.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Cheaper tyres commonly run 'not true', be sure it is the wheel and not just the tyre that is out of true
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.