Hardness

Yossie
Yossie Posts: 2,600
edited July 2013 in The bottom bracket
Afternoon all

Just wondering - how do you approach really freakin' hard people - trepidation? Politeness? Like normal people? Are you afeared by people's reputations?

Comments

• simonhead
    simonhead Posts: 1,399
    Really hard people are generally respectful themselves so i would treat them normally. Little shit bags that think they are hard i treat with disdain.
    Life isnt like a box of chocolates, its like a bag of pic n mix.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,930
    simonhead wrote:
    Really hard people are generally respectful themselves so i would treat them normally. Little shoot bags that think they are hard i treat with disdain.

Is that because you're hard?
  • y33stu
    y33stu Posts: 376
    Define hard? Hard as in..... Likely to stab you in the face? Hard as in....... professional Cage fighter? or Hard as in tough negotiator? All very different. Either way, I like a challenge!
    Cycling prints
    Band of Climbers
  • Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    Hard as in tough fightin' hard. Tyson hard.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    Yossie wrote:
    how do you approach really freakin' hard people

from behind and very very quietly :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • y33stu
    y33stu Posts: 376
    Depends what you need to approach them for I guess. I know a guy who's a cage fighter - proper hard. I play 5 a side with him, he's brutal. In the cage, he's an animal. in every other situation he's a normal bloke, you'd think he was soft as 'owt.

I think there's a difference between people that "think they're hard" and people that are hard. People that are hard, don't need to prove it. People that think they're hard think they need to prove it. Mostly these people are chavs and unpredictable - confront with caution.
    Cycling prints
    Band of Climbers
  • simonhead
    simonhead Posts: 1,399
    Ballysmate wrote:
    simonhead wrote:
    Really hard people are generally respectful themselves so i would treat them normally. Little shoot bags that think they are hard i treat with disdain.

Trying to answer that without sounding like an arse. I guess I am good at judging people and resolving conflict.
    Life isnt like a box of chocolates, its like a bag of pic n mix.
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    simonhead wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    simonhead wrote:

Trying to answer that without sounding like an ars*. I guess I am good at judging people and resolving conflict.

Says the man with a knife in his head :lol:
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • fatdaz
    fatdaz Posts: 348
    y33stu wrote:
    I think there's a difference between people that "think they're hard" and people that are hard. People that are hard, don't need to prove it. People that think they're hard think they need to prove it. Mostly these people are chavs and unpredictable - confront with caution.

I agree with this - I played rugby for over 30 years, some of that at a reasonable standard, and I found that the lower the standard the more you get people needing to try and throw their weight about with sly, cheap shots. The higher the standard the more people are concentrating on hitting harder and harder legally without the drama
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,091
    Yossie wrote:
    Afternoon all

Just wondering - how do you approach really freakin' hard people - trepidation? Politeness? Like normal people? Are you afeared by people's reputations?

Are you talking to me ???!!!
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    Yossie wrote:
    Afternoon all

I beast Drill Sergeants for fun...... Bring it!
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • dmclite-3.0
    dmclite-3.0 Posts: 845
    Pah, I shite cement and piss gasoline. I'm harder than woodpeckers lips. I walk into a place and everyone gets as nervous as a cat with a long tail in a room full of rocking chairs. Chuck Norris calls me "Master". True dis.
    I don't mean to brag, I don't mean to boast, but I'm intercontinental when I eat French toast...
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,091
    I was in the Rockies (way back) with a blonde bimbo for company. The whole length of the Andes and then the Rockies on just one tin of beans and half an apple only 100km left of our journey. I lit a fire. She said "Think your tough huh?...well watch this" and she proceeded to take an acorn and put it between her breasts and then she did this funny thing and said "hup" and smashed the acorn to smithereens. I wasn't impressed. Then she said "Watch this" and this time she got a stone and put it between her teeth and did a shimmy and another loud 'hup' and smashed the rock to bits. I wasn't impressed.
    She said "Watch this and she then put a log up her bum and did another shimmy and shouted another 'hup' and smashed the logs into matchsticks. I wasn't impressed, I just kept poking the fire with my c0ck.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • dmclite-3.0
    dmclite-3.0 Posts: 845
    I was in the Himalayan Kush, wayyyy back with an old army pal, 100k a day with only AB biscuits and some foxs glacier fruits and we were getting on each others nerves after a couple of weeks. So to have a break, we made camp and decided to hike in different directions for half a day, turn round, hike back and then meet up at camp and tell each other hows our days went. I went out, came back and met matey by the campfire. My day, I told hiom was good, went over 2 mountains, forded a stream and found a set of railway tracks. I followed the tracks for a while and came upon a beautiful woman who was naked and tied to the tracks. I released her and suddenly we were having sex in every position, for hours. My mate was astounded, and asked, "did you get BJ'd as well ?," to which I replied, "Nah, couldn't find her head !".

I'll get me coat....... :wink:
    I don't mean to brag, I don't mean to boast, but I'm intercontinental when I eat French toast...