would you buy look keo blades broken?

ashleydwsmith
ashleydwsmith Posts: 693
edited June 2013 in Road general
Evening all, I have a set of look keo blades, with the carbon blade, but somehow I have broken the blade on the non drive side! No crash damage, I think somehow I was trying to clip in on the blade side by accident put too much force and snapped it. Not all the way through.

I can buy blades to replace but need a look dealer to do it, and dont know how much they will charge. So seeing whether people would buy and how much you would pay! They are in good nick and less than a year old. I think they are the ti axle as well.

Ash

Comments

• SMIDSY!!!!
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • smidsy
    smidsy Posts: 5,273
    Yes I am here.

I must say it is like there is a conspiracy these days :-)
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • Clearly I am missing something here, unlike you seasoned forumites.

Would you care to inform me of my error so I can resolve?
  • smidsy
    Forum rules:
    16) Do not post "How much is it worth?" topics. If you want to know, look on other sites for a benchmark.
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • metronome
    metronome Posts: 670
    I think Blades have a 2 year warranty, if that helps.
    tick - tick - tick
  • Metronome many thanks, smidsy clearly not titled how much is it worth, it asks if someone would buy them!

Smidsy seeing as you know everything please point me in the direction of a site which happens to sell look keo blades with ti axles that have a non drive side blade broken and I will look for a benchmark.
  • mallorcajeff
    mallorcajeff Posts: 1,489
    Send them back under warranty? Very simple? And no i wouldnt buy them broken that would be a silly idea. Because they are broken.
  • smidsy
    So you did not ask how much then.
    So seeing whether people would buy and how much you would pay! They are in good nick and less than a year old. Ash
    Nothing in the rule that states it has to be titled such.
    Clearly I am missing something here, unlike you seasoned forumites.

Would you care to inform me of my error so I can resolve?
    You asked and I obliged.
    seeing as you know everything please point me in the direction of a site which happens to sell look keo blades with ti axles that have a non drive side blade broken and I will look for a benchmark.
    Now you are being rediculous.
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • MountainMonster
    MountainMonster Posts: 7,423
    Well these few posts have been entertaining.

Is it not fairly simple to swap over the blades on Keo's? I would assume it would only take a few allen keys or something, so it may be worth trying to replace them yourself.
  • goonz
    goonz Posts: 3,106
    Would you buy anything broken?
    Scott Speedster S20 Roadie for Speed
    Specialized Hardrock MTB for Lumps
    Specialized Langster SS for Ease
    Cinelli Mash Bolt Fixed for Pain
    n+1 is well and truly on track
    Strava http://app.strava.com/athletes/1608875
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    goonz wrote:
    Would you buy anything broken?

Only biscuits. :)
  • If I were able to fix it myself or knew someone who could do it cheap for me and I was buying the item at a reduced price yes I possibly would.