Thursday Evening RP lap and Roebuck Pint

veronese68
veronese68 Posts: 27,329
edited June 2013 in Commuting chat
Going to try and have a little ride in the park and then stop for a pint at the Roebuck with Sketchley this evening. I'll be in the park from a little before 6 I suspect. I'll be on a bright green bike and wearing a blue t-shirt and baggies. Unfortunately won't be able to stay out too late.
Anybody else fancy it?

Comments

• I'll be going to the park, probably around the same time as you. I can't make drinks afterwards, mainly because I'm preparing myself for the greatest cycling challenge of them all... the RP TT... :)
    Why? Because I'm guaranteed a seat all the way in.

Brompton SL2
    Ridley Icarus SLS
  • veronese68
    I'll try to say hello if I see you, work out who you are and can still talk. If a sweaty old man makes strange noises at you it might be me.
    You could always have a soft drink. Can't believe I've just written that.
  • spasypaddy
    spasypaddy Posts: 5,180
    i wont be getting to the park until 7 now. will do 2 laps of the tt then home if i dont see anyone
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    Later than I thought. I'm just leaving me desk to get changed then onwards to the Park, I wont be doing a lap. Roebuck between 7 and 7.30 I guess.
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • spasypaddy
    spasypaddy Posts: 5,180
    well i managed to slip on the way to the park, kept bike upright but have wrenched my back something rotten.

still managed a lap of the TT course in the rain. then was riding home. got to shepards bush and the pain in my upper back was unbearable so jumped on the train home instead of the extra 8miles
  • veronese68
    I managed a lap and a bit in the rain then bailed out. I picked up a mini train on the way round, I had one guy behind me from Pembroke Lodge for the whole lap and on to Kingston gate a second time. I'd occasionally pull away a bit but he'd catch up again if I got held up and I wasn't pushing it so didn't bother passing cars if I got held up. Then picked up 2 more coming up Sawyers. I was tempted to pass a few cars after Ham Dip to give them the slip but the road is pretty slippery along the top and you can't get a good line of sight so I hung back and bailed at Kingston Gate. Didn't fancy standing outside a pub in the drizzle so went home. Must do it properly soon though.
    Hope your back heals very fast spasypaddy.
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Yes. Balls.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • veronese68
    cjcp wrote:
    Yes. Balls.
    We nearly diverted to the Willoughby, I was going to text you.
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Wouldn't have been able to make it. Have been babysitting and working. Consoled myself with a couple of beers. Next week may be doable
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • I looked out for a bright green bike but alas, I didn't see you. I just did my first run of the RPTT. The aim was to see if I could get to Kingston Gate in 15 minutes. I managed 16, but was behind cars along the top which doesn't help with speed and momentum. I did the rest of the course, but again with traffic it was more of a lacklustre effort, but I was trying. Slow time, but should be able to shave off some time if I put my head down and try and get in the 'zone'.

Brompton SL2
    Ridley Icarus SLS
  • tgotb
    tgotb Posts: 4,714
    I looked out for a bright green bike but alas, I didn't see you. I just did my first run of the RPTT. The aim was to see if I could get to Kingston Gate in 15 minutes. I managed 16, but was behind cars along the top which doesn't help with speed and momentum. I did the rest of the course, but again with traffic it was more of a lacklustre effort, but I was trying. Slow time, but should be able to shave off some time if I put my head down and try and get in the 'zone'.
    I saw you approaching Roehampton Gate on the way back. Apologies for not saying Hi; at the speed you were going I figured the sound wouldn't catch up with you anyway...
    Pannier, 120rpm.
  • TGOTB wrote:
    I looked out for a bright green bike but alas, I didn't see you. I just did my first run of the RPTT. The aim was to see if I could get to Kingston Gate in 15 minutes. I managed 16, but was behind cars along the top which doesn't help with speed and momentum. I did the rest of the course, but again with traffic it was more of a lacklustre effort, but I was trying. Slow time, but should be able to shave off some time if I put my head down and try and get in the 'zone'.
    I saw you approaching Roehampton Gate on the way back. Apologies for not saying Hi; at the speed you were going I figured the sound wouldn't catch up with you anyway...

Haha, I don't remember trying much at that point - I forgot, I spotted you too, just as you went past.

Brompton SL2
    Ridley Icarus SLS