Workstand - which one?

freshe
freshe Posts: 63
edited June 2013 in MTB buying advice
Im looking at new workstand for my bike diy collection.

Primarily I was thinking off Park Tool PRS-21 but I also came across the Tacx Spiser Race (which apparently is what PT based his idea on).

But is there any other worth looking at ? In my case the price of stand is not a factor.

Comments

• mmacavity
    mmacavity Posts: 781
    Kestrel
  • Bishbosh10
    Bishbosh10 Posts: 268
    Aldi
    2011 Giant Trance Ltd, 2016 Revs, XT bits etc.
  • Mikeerac
    Mikeerac Posts: 2
    Hi i have been using the Park Tools PCS10 for about five or six years now and and never had a problem with it, a great heavy piece of kit. If your budget is bigger than that then i would imagine the more expensive ones are even better. I have never tried any of the other makes so can't comment on them. There are a load of workstands reviewed on Bikeradar anyway....
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    They have some in my local Clas Ohlsson which look pretty good for 60 odd quid - heavy weight, sensible size, folding - I'd get one if I were staying in UK.
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • Corners R Us
    Corners R Us Posts: 214
    Whatever you buy get one that has a clamp assembly that attaches to either the top tube or seat post. I was pleased as punch when I bought a Topeak workstand about 6-months ago :D . Bike mounted on it via the BB and downtube and all was fine and dandy until I bought a Mount Vision full susser....that doesn't nestle so nicely on the mounting arrangement it and I'm going to have to come up with some Heath Robinson arrangement to make it sit safely on it whilst I clean/fettle it....or buy another stand :roll: :x :cry: :evil: !

A word from the wise.......free of charge!!

Corners