Hoy bikes v's Boardmans Hybrid

terryhughes
terryhughes Posts: 62
edited June 2013 in Commuting general
I currently have a Voodoo Hoodoo MTB with City Jets on it and getting through around 300 miles a month. I want to get a real hybrid bike I think but unsure between the Boardman or Hoy bikes. Any advice?

Or any other reccomendations for Hybrids under £1000 welcome?

Comments

• stu-bim
    stu-bim Posts: 384
    I'd recommend a CX bike. CX are hybrids starting from the road bike end rather than mountainbike end.
    Raleigh RX 2.0
    Diamondback Outlook
    Planet X Pro Carbon
  • A lad at work has the boardman CX and he loves it. I still have a bit of weight to shift and worried my gut will get in the way for the riding position on a road bike.
  • wandsworth
    wandsworth Posts: 354
    stu-bim wrote:
    I'd recommend a CX bike. CX are hybrids starting from the road bike end rather than mountainbike end.

I think depending on the hybrid, some are more road-bike like than others. So the Boardman Comp sems fairly road-bike like, and in fact I have seen it described on here as a road bike with flat bars. Not sure how accurate that is but I own one and use it on my daily urban commute, and it doesn't feel much like a mountain bike. I haven't tried the Hoys but they look good. Evans are doing a promotion where if you test ride one you get put into a draw to win one. Which would be nice. you should definitely try the Boardman Comp though.
    Shut up, knees!

Various Boardmans, a Focus, a Cannondale and an ancient Trek.