Garmin edge 500 q's

marcusww
marcusww Posts: 202
edited June 2013 in Road beginners
Interested in one of these but wanted to know:

Can you upload routes from bikely.

Is there a training function where you can ride a new route - then load that route on another day and ride it to better your time, if so what numbers or graphics can you actually see on the screen to know how you are doing?

Can you upload to strava?

Comments

• arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Hope this helps....
    Marcusww wrote:
    Interested in one of these but wanted to know:

Can you upload routes from bikely.

Don't know.

Is there a training function where you can ride a new route - then load that route on another day and ride it to better your time, if so what numbers or graphics can you actually see on the screen to know how you are doing?

I believe there is a training function if you ride the same route again, I think there is a little image of a bike showing where you are today compared to previous rides so you know if you are up or down on your previous pace.

Can you upload to strava?

Yes, just connect the garmin to the PC with the cable you get with it.

:)
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • mwalters
    mwalters Posts: 21
    1) Yes - you can upload tcx files and follow the route via a breadcrumb trail with course points to indicate turns.

2) Yes - it's called virtual partner

3) Yes - the Strava site can load activities straight from the unit with the appropriate software on your PC (browser plugin) or you can upload the files manually.

See the manual for more details - http://bit.ly/14w5kvx

Mark