Cables: Campagnolo or Jagwire?

tetm
tetm Posts: 564
edited June 2013 in Commuting chat
Running 2011 Centaur and after two years and 10,000 miles of good service from Campagnolo cables, the bike deserves new inners and outers fitting, and I'm after people's views about brand choice. Campagnolo have been fine, but I know people rave about Jagwire, Gore, Nokon et al so over to you for opinions and critique.

Comments

• pitchshifter
    pitchshifter Posts: 1,476
    Nokon/Alligator I-links creak when turning and are a pain in the ar*e to set up. The look the part but I'd never get them again..

My other half has Campagnolo cables that look like the originals (6-7 year old bike) and they still shift like a dream.
  • tetm
    Maybe I need to send the bike to ITB for a fettle, but there's a definite sluggishness in some shifts which I can only attribute to the cables. Also, really don't want to have any niggling doubts in the back of my head about a cable breaking 700 miles into LEL (assuming my legs make it past 400...!). I know, I know, it's unlikely and could happen at any time, but there are plenty of psychological factors in this too!
  • majormantra
    majormantra Posts: 2,094
    I looked into this when I last re-cabled and the consensus seems to be that Campag invariably works best with its own cables. Ribble is sometimes good for cheap replacement sets.
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    Just go Campag.
  • tetm
    Gone Campag.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    tetm wrote:
    Gone Campag.

Well done!
    Faster than a tent.......