Roof bar woes

london-red
london-red Posts: 1,266
edited June 2013 in Commuting chat
<long shot>Does any one in Kingston (ish) happen to have the little bolts that connect rooftop bike rails directly onto Thule Wingbars? And, if so, will you be needing them for the next couple of weeks.

Failing that, does anyone with standard roof bars fancy a pair of unused roof mounted bike rails? I'll do a good price... :roll: </long shot>

Comments

• tgotb
    tgotb Posts: 4,714
    Quite possibly - depends exactly what you need, and how many bikes' worth. Drop me a PM...
    Pannier, 120rpm.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,324
    I might have something that will do the job. Otherwise I have some cheap and nasty bars and bike mounts you can borrow. Knock on your way by if you like, I might be out and about so I'll pm you my mobile number.
  • london-red
    Thanks guys :D

These are the fellas: http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_554755_langId_-1_categoryId_165760...

However, despite searching for these last night and convincing myself that noone had them in stock, it turns out the Halfords closest to my work does... :oops:
  • tgotb
    Careful; there are two versions of these, with different thread pitches. Aswell as having some with the correct pitch for my bike rack, I also have a big stack of the wrong ones.

If you can't get what you need at Halfords, I should be able to sort you out.
    Pannier, 120rpm.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,324
    How long are they and what diameter? I'll see if I can find something at work that might do as an emergency lash up.
  • london-red
    Yeah, this is part of the problem... One of the reviews on that Halfords page says they were used to connect a Halfords Advanced bike rack. Should work. Fingers crossed.

Steve, no idea what length they are, or thread width but the head is 20mm x 20mm
  • tgotb
    I can lend you a complete bike rack that fits those rails, if that's easier?
    Pannier, 120rpm.
  • london-red
    TGOTB wrote:
    I can lend you a complete bike rack that fits those rails, if that's easier?

That's very kind of you - thanks. I think I'll give these bolts a try first, but if I run into problems I may well take you up on that offer...