Fourth 8 mile ride since Friday

Claud Roubaix
Claud Roubaix Posts: 76
edited June 2013 in Road beginners
This time it felt good! I used the big gear for the first time and averaged 14.7 mph. I know the mph is not really important but it is a nice feeling.
Rest day again tomorrow but really looking forward to a 1.5 hour ride on Sunday - using Cycle Street app to plan the route.
I am loving my return to cycling

Comments

• Simon-R7
    Simon-R7 Posts: 59
    Well done, when i got back on my bike last September i started with a flat 8 mile loop. it gets easier :D Doing the Ride London Surrey 100 in 4 weeks :shock: Keep at it .
  • Cheers Simon, its great to hear from others and get the support us newbies need. This loop has a 293' incline which killed me over the weekend but I know it will help longer term.
  • jimmas
    jimmas Posts: 50
    Hi same for me I used the big gear tonight as well, done 17 miles around local lanes averaged 12.7 so pleased with that.
  • Well done matey. It's a great feeling isn't it. I do need to get fit first but within 2 weeks I need to get bigger loops longer rides for greater miles etc.
  • Druidor
    Druidor Posts: 230
    I do 8 mile loop at lunch times around work. found a route I like with a nice mix of hills and flats.

need more time on the bike in evenings and weekends though, when I am not flying about the world on business.
    ---
    Sensa Trentino SL Custom 2013 - 105 Compact - Aksium Race
  • Wow Arenaman that's impressive! I am going to guess you do not have a 3 year old boy? LOL!

Being a lecturer means I will have some good holiday time to get my miles in after next week.
  • At least you have been there so I am sure I will look to you for guidance.

Good fun isn't it!