new bike prices

dave02
dave02 Posts: 325
edited June 2013 in Road general
Hi
I was under the impresion that brands like Giant/ Specialized etc cost the same in all there outlets, but i asked about a bike on the forum and some one said i could get it cheaper if i shop around, any info would be good.
Ta

Comments

• arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    I would think that some brands are stricter than others on the pricing of their bikes or the way they're sold, I think Trek for example like you to collect your bike from authorised dealers rather than having bikes posted.

It's certainly always worth shopping around though especially at this time of year as there are deals to be had, you should always be able to get a discount or accessories thrown in for free :)
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • dave02
    dave02 Posts: 325
    thanks guys
  • dwanes
    dwanes Posts: 954
    Prices at most dealers are advertised at the same prices, but if you show you are keen to buy and ask for a discount most will give 10% off without negotiation.
  • Jon_1976
    Jon_1976 Posts: 690
    dwanes wrote:
    Prices at most dealers are advertised at the same prices, but if you show you are keen to buy and ask for a discount most will give 10% off without negotiation.

Agreed, I got 10% off when I got a bike from Leisure Lakes.