robertpb
robertpb Posts: 1,866
edited July 2013 in MTB general
2014 Zesty will come in two flavours 650b AM and 29er Trail
Now where's that "Get Out of Crash Free Card"

Comments

• rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    So similar to most trail bikes then? What makes it particularly interesting in the case of the zesty?
  • adamfo
    adamfo Posts: 763
    29er zesty

Lapierre-2014-12-1.jpg

27.5 Spicy

Lapierre-2014-7.jpg

26 zesty

Dodo1.jpeg
  • rockmonkeysc
    How many cables on the 27.5??? Thats a lot of pointless rubbish to go wrong and more stuff you cant fix at home or on the trail.
  • adamfo
    adamfo Posts: 763
    650b wheels on ElPanzer's steed. No electrickery spawn of the devil stuff.

Zesty-514-650b-Pacenti-TL28-rime-Pacenti-Noe-Moto-2-1.jpg
  • nferrar
    nferrar Posts: 2,511
    The EI spicy is just one of models available and obviously people buying them want to try the electronic suspension stuff. Not convinced of it myself but only a luddite would just dismiss it for having too many cables etc. without even trying it.
  • El Diego
    El Diego Posts: 440
    I'm in the market for a new trail bike after my last one got pinched. I was settled on a Zesty and can get one from LBS with a nice discount. Now that I've found out they'll be going down the 27er route, and despite knowing it's a cynical marketing ploy to shift bikes, I still want one. I don't want to be shelling out on a bike with a wheel size that appears to be being phased out.

I'm torn because the rational part of my brain is telling me to save the cash get the bike now and you can enjoy it all summer but there's a nagging voice telling me to wait for the new version, but that isn't likely until October and I'm going to The Alps in August.

First world problems and all that.
  • JMcP92
    JMcP92 Posts: 339
    I'm not convinced it's a good idea, but regardless of their 650b-ness, they look epiccccccc

xfps.jpg

4vx3.jpg

4jqw.jpg

And not forgetting their new XC 29er, which I am less fond of, but still, it exists n' stuff

8hmt.jpg
  • rockmonkeysc
    I have tried a Zesty, Froggy & DH720 and didn't think any of them were particularly good, all ok but nothing special. It seems that they spend their entire development budget on styling.
  • timpop
    timpop Posts: 394
    I have a Spicy and it's awesome. It's a smooth ride, responsive and fun. The 650b looks nice and tempting but you'd still have plenty of fun on a 26" wheel version. There are other 650b bikes available now though. Maybe get a second hand bike and decide on a new 650b later.
    Many happy trails!