Bike Fitting in Plymouth area

trav1502
trav1502 Posts: 21
edited June 2013 in Road beginners
Hello, does anybody know of where I can get a decent bike fitting? I bought my bike from Certini Saltash so that seems the obvious choice, but I was just curious if there is anywhere else that is recommended? I'm recently new to cycling and I'm getting quite a bit of knee pain at the moment, so I've narrowed it down to either a bike that needs adjusting slightly or I'm grinding in the wrong gear as I don't want to use the granny ring haha.

Regards

Comments

• apjs87
    apjs87 Posts: 35
    hi

Certini may be a good choice but may also be expensive

Call Paul Hooper at Ride bike fitting. He was very good for me. Had pains in my left knee, lower back and big toe numbness. All but gone now and now im cycling even longer distances in comfort!

Cant remember prices but worth a call

http://www.rideplymouth.co.uk/
  • Danny M
    Danny M Posts: 132
    paul hooper @ ride
  • Grill
    Grill Posts: 5,610
    Certini in Saltash. They're not that expensive and do a great job.
    English Cycles V3 | Cervelo P5 | Cervelo T4 | Trek Domane Koppenberg
  • defycomp2
    defycomp2 Posts: 252
    Paul Hooper at Ride Plymouth. He used to be on Union Street inthe old textile building, now up at Crownhill Fort.
    Summer - Giant Defy Composite 2 (Force 22) (retd)
    Cannondale Synapse Sram Red ETap
    Winter - Boardman CX Team (Rival X1 Hyd)
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    DefyComp2 wrote:
    Paul Hooper at Ride Plymouth. He used to be on Union Street inthe old textile building, now up at Crownhill Fort.

Union Street, now that brings back memories from my uni days :shock:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Spill the beans ...
  • mechanism
    mechanism Posts: 891
    Does Colin Lewis Cycles in Paignton do bike fitting? If I eventually get the cash together for a new bike I might get it there.