Which headset?

concorde
concorde Posts: 1,008
edited June 2013 in MTB buying advice
Currently have this on there, TH No.11N A-Headset. Serviced the fork yesterday and it's all rusty and shitted up. Sprayed it with isopropyl and have greased it up but want to get another. Cheap enough but does a good job.

Cheers

Comments

• Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    Have you looked in the FAQs or on the Cane Creek website to ID what you have?

Personally if it runs smooth enough, I'd stick with what you've got.
  • concorde
    Nothing in the FAQs what I can see. Why the cane creek website? Didn't know it was a canecreek headset?!

It feels smooth enough when all assembled but it was not smooth when I took it off yesterday. Just don't want it failing when I'm out somewhere?
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    so what standard is it then? find out and buy one that is the same standard.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • concorde
    Is 49mm OD headtube, 1 - 1/8th steerer the standards?
  • Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    Concorde wrote:
    Just don't want it failing when I'm out somewhere?

This has a very very low probability of happening, so you can't get home. Almost zero.
  • concorde
    Concorde wrote:
    Just don't want it failing when I'm out somewhere?

This has a very very low probability of happening, so you can't get home. Almost zero.

Ok, that'll do me then. It's pretty wrecked mind so would still like to replace it with a sealed bearing headset if poss.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    as you seem to be lost you can use any internal/Zero stack/Semi Integrated (ZS standard) headset.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • concorde
    nicklouse wrote:
    as you seem to be lost you can use any internal/Zero stack/Semi Integrated (ZS standard) headset.

Ah you noticed! Cheers :D