Garmin Edge 800 Update problems.

josehernandez
josehernandez Posts: 243
edited March 2014 in Road general
Following downloading the most recent update my Garmin Edge 800 has started playing up. After updating I got a box saying "Unable to update latest software" and then an option of Ok which I clicked.
I have used it twice since the update, the first time it froze in the middle of a run so I did a reset by holding Power/Lap reset and Start stop buttons all together for a few seconds. I lost all data from my last ride only.
The this morning all was well until I attempted to input my data at the end of my ride by holding the lap/reset button for 3-4 seconds. Like the previous time the screen froze and when reset all data from my last run was lost.
Do other Edge 800 owners have any suggestions ?

Comments

• shortcuts
    shortcuts Posts: 366
    My 800 seems to be fine atm. Fingers crossed.
  • Stewpot407
    Stewpot407 Posts: 97
    My 800 updated fine last night, not looking forward to tonights ride with the Nav on now!
    An aging Trek 5500 OCLV
    Not so aging Pina Dogma (AK61)
  • Do you have to leave it outside for 20 mins after the update?
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Stewpot407
    Stewpot407 Posts: 97
    I didn't. Just updated it late at night as soon as it completed I turned it off only turning it back on for my next ride the next day. Everything worked as it should have.

Cheers

Stew
    An aging Trek 5500 OCLV
    Not so aging Pina Dogma (AK61)
  • My PC now doesn't recognise my Garmin when I connect it up. Garmin UK have suggested I return the unit to them in order that I can receive a replacement.
  • southdownswolf
    southdownswolf Posts: 1,525
    If you can grab the ride data from the folder on the Edge 800, save it to your pc, then upload to http://garmin.kiesewetter.nl/ you may be able to export back into Garmin connect. This has worked for me previously when data was corrupt and would not load into Garmin Connect.
  • How do I do that when my PC doesn't see my 800 ?
  • southdownswolf
    southdownswolf Posts: 1,525
    How do I do that when my PC doesn't see my 800 ?

Sorry, when you said that your PC didnt recognise it, I though that it just was not recognised in Garmin Connect.
    So you can't even see the Garmin / SD Card folders in "My Computer" folder?
    I take it that you have tried different cables, or an alternative pc etc?
    Can it be seen in Computer Management/ Disc Management (local)?
  • Yes, the Garmin 800 is not visible in the "My Computer" folder of my PC. This is why it was suggested I return the unit to Garmin UK.
  • timj1974
    timj1974 Posts: 1
    I'm having exactly the same problems as you did (downloaded update, when switch on unit it says "unable to apply update" and now the PC won't recognise it at all).

Did you end up sending your unit back to Garmin and if so did they manage to fix it for you?

Thanks

Tim
  • timj1974 wrote:
    I'm having exactly the same problems as you did (downloaded update, when switch on unit it says "unable to apply update" and now the PC won't recognise it at all).

Did you end up sending your unit back to Garmin and if so did they manage to fix it for you?

Thanks

Tim

Posted original unit to Garmin in Southampton and they sent me a new one.