MRK CVNDSH

nic_77
nic_77 Posts: 929
edited July 2014 in Pro race
Lnchs nw brnd - FST AS FCK

main.jpg

http://www.cvndsh.com/

Next stop Team Belkin? Or your nearest JD Sports!

Comments

• Iz e dslxzk ?

M w8tng fr hm to ndrze spzl OPQS scrbl edshn - trpl wrd scrz :D
    All the gear, but no idea...
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    Vwls r fr lsrs
  • mooro
    mooro Posts: 483
    Turfle wrote:
    Vwls r fr lsrs

post of the day!
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    How's that register on the FrenchFighter Class-o-meter?

LOL
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    All a bit daft, but then you have to remember that these guys have a pretty short career at the top, only a fool wouldn't make the most of it.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    All a bit daft, but then you have to remember that these guys have a pretty short career at the top, only a fool wouldn't make the most of it.

True, but you could employ a better creative agency to come up with some good ideas.
  • I don't think it's bad at all. It's unique, compact, relatively memorable, not visually unpleasant (v is such a stylish letter, I wish my name had one), and once you get accustomed to it and the no vowels thing loses its humor, it'll seem totally normal.

What's he selling?
    1968, human content on bitumen.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    It's like the last round of Only Connect.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    RichN95 wrote:

Except there's no Victoria Coren *sigh*
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    Love Cav but truly...

SZ CV BT THS IS WNK
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    main.jpg

Fst as fck?

...I can see the middle word is 'Ass'

...and it's 'Fist' obviously

If only I could work out what Fck was then it might make a phrase.
  • thamacdaddy
    thamacdaddy Posts: 590
    I work in the design industry so rarely criticise someone else's work (you just don't know what went on behind the scenes) but I don't get the hate really. Looks pretty good to me especially when you look at more than the website splash screen. I wouldn't buy but it's not an atrocity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNHblhCsNlU
  • mfin
    I work in the design industry so rarely criticise someone else's work (you just don't know what went on behind the scenes) but I don't get the hate really. Looks pretty good to me especially when you look at more than the website splash screen. I wouldn't buy but it's not an atrocity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNHblhCsNlU

I agree, as a splash page / bit of graphics its actually very good IMO

(Bit of a bodge of the fade on the left of the green line though and the anti-aliasing on the right part of the line where is sweeps up is a bit poor, I wouldn't have been able to leave it like that ...just spotted its a jpg though, might not have shown like this if it was a png24)
  • Turfle
    The site and content is perfectly decent. "FST AS FCK" was poorly conceived though.
  • mfin
    Turfle wrote:
    The site and content is perfectly decent. "FST AS FCK" was poorly conceived though.

The actual website I don't like at all, looks a mess to me
  • Turfle
    I'd day it's a bit dated, but in comparison to the majority of cycling websites, that look like they were designed by my sister on angelfire in 1995, it's positively futuristic. For what it is, I think it's okay.
  • thamacdaddy
    thamacdaddy Posts: 590
    There isn't a site yet, are you looking at his old markcavendish site? It's just an image on a page with the new brand. Someone has tried to apply the new colours etc to the old site which I agree isn't hot. Looks like a temporary measure

The agency they are using looks decent, they also have temporary webpage showing some shots of their work including the new cavendish bike (the whole reason for this branding). I would expect the whole thing will look pretty nice in the end considering the other examples of their work. http://www.theliftagency.com/
  • Turfle
    That makes much more sense.
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    RichN95 wrote:

Haha :lol:

Wouldn't it be good if he was targeting beardy computer nerds and librarians called Val :mrgreen:
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    Why is there an 'A' in 'AS'? That doesn't work!
  • pottssteve
    pottssteve Posts: 4,069
    Chavendish.
    Head Hands Heart Lungs Legs
  • Der Kaiser
    Der Kaiser Posts: 172
    People are talking about it on the Twittersphere. I am sure it will grow on me.
  • pottssteve
    pottssteve Posts: 4,069
    I like Mark Cavendish. I admire him for the work he has put in and the success he has had in the sport. I have met him, briefly, on a couple of occasions and he has been polite and gracious.

Whoever branded this is a moron - CVNDSH? FST as FCK? Disappointing.
    Head Hands Heart Lungs Legs
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    Could have been worse, could have been his missus

THCK AS FCK
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    edited June 2013
    Joelsim wrote:
    Could have been worse, could have been his missus

THCK AS FCK
    If you think she's thick just because she did page 3, then you're the thick one.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    pottssteve wrote:
    I like Mark Cavendish. I admire him for the work he has put in and the success he has had in the sport. I have met him, briefly, on a couple of occasions and he has been polite and gracious.

Whoever branded this is a moron - CVNDSH? FST as FCK? Disappointing.

Isn't FST S FCK only talking about the speed the new website is coming in? I hope so...
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • greeny12
    greeny12 Posts: 759
    I always thought the point of a FCK is that it's not supposed to be FST...
    My cycle racing blog: http://cyclingapprentice.wordpress.com/

If you live in or near Sussex, check this out:
    http://ontherivet.ning.com/
  • nic_77
    nic_77 Posts: 929
    Official Mark Cavendish:
    "Just wanted to clear this up - 'Fst as Fck' is NOT the tag line of my new brand. We just used it specifically for the launch on Monday. Come on I'm not stupid!"

Hmmm... backtrack or clever gorilla marketing?
  • Crozza
    Crozza Posts: 991
    Gorillas are supposed to be pretty clever
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    nic_77 wrote:
    Official Mark Cavendish:
    "Just wanted to clear this up - 'Fst as Fck' is NOT the tag line of my new brand. We just used it specifically for the launch on Monday. Come on I'm not stupid!"

Hmmm... backtrack or clever gorilla marketing?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beCYGm1vMJ0
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.