Freehub Body Compatibilty

disgruntledgoat
disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
edited June 2013 in Workshop
I'm looking to get a new set of "good" wheels for my road bike, but a recent uptake of Cross means I need a set of tubulars for that too, problem being my road bike is on campag and crosser on Shimano. I can't afford two sets of decent wheels and found a campag 10sp freehub body in my bits box the other day and got to thinking... Would I need a specific FHB for every hub type or could I use that on, for example, a Hope Pro3 hub?
"In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent

Comments

• majormantra
    majormantra Posts: 2,094
    Generally speaking, freehub bodies are hub specific so it's very unlikely you'd be able to do that.
  • disgruntledgoat
    Generally speaking, freehub bodies are hub specific so it's very unlikely you'd be able to do that.

Cheers, one more thing to price for then!
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • estampida
    estampida Posts: 1,008
    yes hope hubs will convert it uses the same freehubs as the pro2

hope sell freehubs in both makes (shimano / campag)

and very easy freehub removal as well.....
  • disgruntledgoat
    This has taken on new urgency after the rim on my only remaining Campag freehub wheel split on the way into work this morning...

What are the chances of a 7 year old Mavic Ksyrium SL FHB being transferable onto a 2010 Askium?

@gietvangent
  • disgruntledgoat
    Thanks for that, part numbers are all the same except the Campag freehub bodies are (ED10) for the old Ksyrium and (ED11) for the newer Askium, I presume that's the difference between 10 and 11 speed, but as the spacing is the same on both, I'm pretty sure it'll work.

@gietvangent