Crudcatcher Coast2Coast Challenge - an appeal

Gazlar
Gazlar Posts: 8,084
edited October 2013 in The cake stop
Hi Guys

Sorry if you've read this elsewhere on the forums but I know people have their favourite little corners of BR so I wanted the word to get out there. Before I go further, let me introduce myself to those of you who don't know me, I'm Gazlar (Gaz) and I regularly lurk around the Crudcatcher section of the forum. I am here to beg, steal, borrow and spread the word in aid of a great cause.
Between September 23/28th, 14 Bikeradar forum members will be taking part in a ride in aid of Cancer Research UK. The ride is in support of Cancer Research UK as last year, another forum member, Miss Notax sadly lost her mother to a long battle against cancer and another two of the riders, Lawman and Northern Monkey's fathers have also had recent battles against different cancers. Fortunately thanks to great care and treatment they are both now on the mend, but without charitable donations and progressions in the treatment of cancer, the outlook may have been a lot different. I'm sure cancer has touched many of our lives in different ways so I'm sure you don't need me to preach about how we need to try and beat it.
The Challenge itself is starting in Llandudno and finishing in Port Talbot, a cool 230 miles broken up into 30/40 mile days mostly off road and with a climb each day that is the equivalent of scaling Snowdon twice. The route also takes in several trail centres, Gwydyr Forest, Penmachno, Coed y Brenin, Nant Yr Arian, Mach trails, Cwm Rhyader and Afan/Glyncorrwyg are all on the journey.
The final day finishes back up at Afan forest, and whilst we have fully booked up accommodation for the rest of the ride, anyone is welcome to join us for the last leg from Afan forest to Port Talbot and then back again, we shall be staying at Brynn Betws lodges on the Saturday night for a pint and a laugh so if you want to stay there or camp and join us, again, you would be most welcome. If you want more details about that, email me on crudcatcherc2cc@gmail.com or drop me a PM on here and I'll get back to you asap.
We have a website set up now at www.crudcatcherc2cc.com which has a link to our Just Giving page where you can donate towards our total, or you can follow us on twitter on @crudcatcherc2cc or Facebook at facebook.com/cc2cc. any follows donations and support would be really gratefully received.
But more than that, we are also on the scrounge for support and equipment and we know how good you forum members are at that, so if any of you can help in the following areas or have contacts you could ask, it would really make a world of difference. The main things we are after are.
Bike Spares (tubes/C02 canisters/chainlinks/cables etc the kind of stuff we may get through a few of en route)
Energy Foods/gels/recovery drinks/cake/flapjacks chocolate bars
Tech support, if threes anyone with links to bike shops/workshops along the route that could offer us support should we break anything bigger than is manageable trail side that would be willing to help out or sort us at short notice that would be fantastic.
We are also looking for transport on Sunday 22nd from Brynn Bettws to Llandudno ready for the start for ten riders/kit/bikes so again, if anyone has links and could do a good price that would be wonderful.
Anything else that you may be able to offer that we've overlooked and you think you could bring to the party then again, let me know, I know we'd all be so grateful.
Above all though, follow us on Facebook and twitter, spread the word for us, donate, support and help us beat Cancer

Again feel free to email me on crudcatcherc2cc@gmail.com or pm me on here if you can help in any way or want more information or have ideas to share

Thank you
Gazlar
Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
Amy
Farnsworth
Zapp

Comments

• miss notax
    miss notax Posts: 2,572
    A timely *BUMP* and also to say that MBUK have been fabulous and published our guest blog on their website;

http://magazine.bikeradar.com/2013/07/1 ... -mtb-ride/

Please read, follow us on FB and Twitter and sponsor us! We are about to ride 230 miles to raise much-needed funds for Cancer Research UK 8)

Think it'll be a walk in the park and we are making all this fuss over a weeks mtbing holiday?!! :wink: For anyone who has ridden up Snowdon, EACH of the 6 days will be climbing the equivalent of riding up Snowdon TWICE :shock:

Please support us :D
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    I couldnt get the justgiving page to work :cry:

Is it ok if I send a cheque to one of you guys.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,422
    I couldnt get the justgiving page to work :cry:

Is it ok if I send a cheque to one of you guys.
    Just send me the cash and I'll do the rest.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    How much equipment are you still in need of ?
    Living MY dream.
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    We are still am open book at the mo vtech we have emailed several companies after nutritional drinks/gels and things like inner tubes and co2 canisters so that punctures don't hold us up too much.
    We are also open to any suggestions or offers as we may have missed a good idea or two. Thanks for enquiring it really is appreciated
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Hi All,

An insignificant nobody here. I just want to say a huge thank you to all of you that have donated. Once you add on the offline donations we have currently raised over £3000 and once the gift aid amount is added on, we have broken the £4000 mark.

This is absolutely fantastic and makes it worth all the pushing, sweating, and pain I endured. I hope you are all massively proud of yourselves for making it worth our while.

Remember if you haven't donated but would like to, the page is still open, http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc and you can also read our experiences at www.crudcatcherc2cc.com

Once again thank you so much. You are all truly fantastic.
    MmmBop

Go big or go home.