I just 'got' rollers !

ashleydwsmith
ashleydwsmith Posts: 693
edited June 2013 in Road beginners
I just had another go on my rollers after watching an evans video on how to ride them. And I got it, was also helped by helping son with maths homework.

ONly bugger was I had the rear wheel rebuilt and the spoke magnet has gone so I rode a total distance of 3ft!

Comments

• elderone
    elderone Posts: 1,410
    Nice one,I got some few weeks back,had one go so far and didn,t do great,but lots of time till winter.
    Dulce et decorum est Pro patria mori
  • denniskwok
    denniskwok Posts: 339
    The Evans video is excellent and got me up and running on my rollers in about 5mins. The best instructional vid on rollers out there IMO.
  • Mark Alexander
    Mark Alexander Posts: 2,277
    rule no 1. ride it in a door frame at the start. Rule No. 2. don't watch a video where a bike goes around a bend! I never could get used to them.
    http://twitter.com/mgalex
    www.ogmorevalleywheelers.co.uk

10TT 24:36 25TT: 57:59 50TT: 2:08:11, 100TT: 4:30:05 12hr 204.... unfinished business
  • Mindermast
    Mindermast Posts: 124
    Congratulations! I tried for weeks 10 years ago and gave up. I only learned it a few months ago, when I tried again.

Instead of the door frame, I used a wall on one side and my elbow. And I found out, that having the rolls a bit too far apart is easier than having the distance too short.

I am not sure, if I like to use rollers for longer training sessions, I tend to overheat, even with a strong fan. But it is very good excercise for bike handling and pedalling. It is also useful to test tyres for roundness.