Replacement Shimano cassette lock ring

Gren82
Gren82 Posts: 48
edited June 2013 in Workshop
Hello,

Quick one! After stripping down and regreasing my free hub I've managed to spectacularly thread the lockring on my ultegra cassette. I need a replacement lockring and washer asap as I'm cycling to paris next week. Will the likes of evans/je james or halfords carry these parts or is it it going to be an Internet order?

Glen

Comments

• ednino
    ednino Posts: 684
    clee cycles sells the KCNC ones

you can get a blue one! :o
  • Gren82
    Was hoping for a local stockist tbh but thx for the link. Was trying to avoid spending half of tomorrow morning calling around the bike shops! ;)
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    It's probably more cost effective to get a whole new cassette and keep the lockring when you put the rest of the cassette on when your current one wears out
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • denniskwok
    denniskwok Posts: 339
    Gren82 wrote:
    Was hoping for a local stockist tbh but thx for the link. Was trying to avoid spending half of tomorrow morning calling around the bike shops! ;)

http://www.sjscycles.co.uk

They only cost a few quid.
  • desweller
    desweller Posts: 5,175
    NB Just to note that you mean 'stripped the thread'. The thread is the helix on the outer diameter of the lockring.
    - - - - - - - - - -
    On Strava.{/url}
  • Gren82
    Yes apologies I was trying to write the post on my phone while my other half was nattering somethinf about nurseries in my ear so wasn't paying full attention!
  • I have a spare one for an SRAM 10 speed cassette which I would gladly post to you for the cost of the postage if it will fit?
  • Gren82
    Very kind offer but I rang JE James this morning and they ended up giving me a spare one for free! Great customer service!