specialgueststar
specialgueststar Posts: 3,418
edited June 2013 in Pro race
anyone got these stats?

Comments

• tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    48 finishers in Ireland from 122.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,811
    Not sure about this ratio, but I was surprised to see the numbers of each team in the French race. 24 FDJ, 23 Europcar and 21 Sojasun
  • wombly_knees
    wombly_knees Posts: 657
    Japan- 125 starters, 16 finishers.
  • alan_a
    alan_a Posts: 1,583
    24 men completed the full distance in Glasgow today.

Approx half of the remainder were pulled by comms the other half were DNF.
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    You always get a high number of non finishers in the nationals, due to the sheer gap in abilities within the field.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • skylla
    skylla Posts: 758
    You always get a high number of non finishers in the nationals, due to the sheer gap in abilities within the field.

i was very much struck by this difference in ability in Glasgow. Lap 1 very quickly separated the men from the boys. Kudos to anyone still hanging onto the main peleton (or whatever what was left of it) by lap 8. Millar, Cav and Stannard still looked so amazingly strong on the last lap (and should be as they will be in Corsica in a few days time..), although Rowe clearly had taken his foot of the accelerator. Very impressed with Fenn by the way.