Cycling buddies Ashton-Under-Lyne

littlestwoo
littlestwoo Posts: 25
edited June 2013 in Road general
Okay, trying not to sound like a sad-o with no friends, and perhaps I should post an intro about myself first, but here we go,

I'm new to A-u-L area and I'm really enjoying riding around the Pennines and Darbyshire, I keep seeing lots of cyclists in A-u-L, mainly when I'm out and about doing other stuff. I've Googled for local clubs and even been to the local shop, but no joy finding a club near me. A couple that seem good actually seem to run there rides from Stockport through to Cheshire (Mossley and Dunkingfield). Saddleworth club looks decent and there A ride sounds my cup of tea. But where are all the cyclists in A-U-L?

Trying not to sound desperate,

Steve, 36, likes hills (not claiming to be any good on them), a range of bikes from '77 to present day, riding for pleasure but taking pleasure seriously,,,

Comments

• Have the Mods deleted the 'Tours, Routes & Organised rides' forum?
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • shortcuts
    shortcuts Posts: 366
    Join Sky Ride and British Cycling. It is then easy to contact local buddies and advertise for rides. Just my 2pennorth.
  • pinarellokid
    pinarellokid Posts: 1,208
    Go to the Tameside circuit on a Tuesday evening loads of riders there so if you get talking I'm sure something will come from it
    Specialized S Works SL2 . Campagnolo Record 11spd. rolling on Campag Zonda wheels

http://app.strava.com/athletes/881211