Lost my virginity

tonecoles
tonecoles Posts: 33
edited June 2013 in Road beginners
Today I set a new pb distance @.42.6 miles and lost my clipped in virginity in the process. At about the 30 mile mark I passed a left turn and thought, ah that's probably a better way to go. So I slowed down to look back at the sign and before I knew it I realised I had stopped completely, fortunately I went down to the left whilst calling myself a t**t. Fortunately to my left was a soft verge so no broken bones, and no one around to see it so no real hurt pride. I was chuckling as I got back on clipped back in and set off. I guess I did ok to hit over 150 miles before falling off.
Do I get a stripe now lol?

Comments

• ct8282
    ct8282 Posts: 414
    tonecoles wrote:
    Today I set a new pb distance @.42.6 miles and lost my clipped in virginity in the process. At about the 30 mile mark I passed a left turn and thought, ah that's probably a better way to go. So I slowed down to look back at the sign and before I knew it I realised I had stopped completely, fortunately I went down to the left whilst calling myself a t**t. Fortunately to my left was a soft verge so no broken bones, and no one around to see it so no real hurt pride. I was chuckling as I got back on clipped back in and set off. I guess I did ok to hit over 150 miles before falling off.
    Do I get a stripe now lol?

Stripe awarded. Wear it with pride and welcome to the clipless club.
  • southdownswolf
    southdownswolf Posts: 1,525
    I went out with the local club for the first time today. When we were coming back along the local cycle path, just spinning the legs to warm down, we arrived at a gate.... guess who lost balance towards the side that was still clipped in? :oops:
  • gubber12345
    gubber12345 Posts: 493
    join the club mate.

fell over as well in a moment of indecision as to whether I could get across a road in front of a car in time.anyway as I was new to being clipped in as well ended up doin nowt and fell over on my side an hit my elbow...plent of people seen me and I bet the people in the car car almost crashed laughing at me....well my mates did anyway :lol:

didn't take long to get off the deck and get outta there i'l tell you :oops:
    Lapierre Aircode 300
    Merida
  • tonecoles
    That's funny as gubber. The most stupid bit was I saw a guy the other day approach a junction, twist his foot to unclip but kept his foot in place in case he could set straight off, he was able to so he set off and clipped back in 1 movement. Now to most on here that sounds normal but I'm a newbie. So I tried this when I set off and it was going great until I forgot what I was doing.
  • Wait till your unclipped like I was the other day, went to clip back in, gave it a push and put power down and pedal slipped spun round and whacked me in the shin, all in front of ascot traffic. Nice bruise on shin and my arse cheek?
  • tonecoles
    Wait till your unclipped like I was the other day, went to clip back in, gave it a push and put power down and pedal slipped spun round and whacked me in the shin, all in front of ascot traffic. Nice bruise on shin and my ars* cheek?

Oh the joys......remind me why we do this again
  • Mark Alexander
    Mark Alexander Posts: 2,277
    Now you're a cyclist !!!
    http://twitter.com/mgalex
    www.ogmorevalleywheelers.co.uk

10TT 24:36 25TT: 57:59 50TT: 2:08:11, 100TT: 4:30:05 12hr 204.... unfinished business
  • I lost mine halfway up Winnats Pass a month or so ago. I just couldn't turn the pedals anymore, stopped dead and keeled over unable to unclip. I fell over into a soaking wet bush of some sort in the piddling rain and lay there still atached to the bike whilst tourists drove past staring at me.

I was too knackered to give a **** . Welcome to the club
  • Schoie81
    Schoie81 Posts: 749
    I lost mine halfway up Winnats Pass a month or so ago. I just couldn't turn the pedals anymore, stopped dead and keeled over unable to unclip. I fell over into a soaking wet bush of some sort in the piddling rain and lay there still atached to the bike whilst tourists drove past staring at me.

I was too knackered to give a **** . Welcome to the club

Winnats Pass!! Good effort mate. I live about 5miles from it but not attempted it yet!
    "I look pretty young, but I'm just back-dated"
  • Mark Alexander
    Mark Alexander Posts: 2,277
    I lost mine at some traffic lights. I got a backup, smiled, took a bow and got back on.
    http://twitter.com/mgalex
    www.ogmorevalleywheelers.co.uk

10TT 24:36 25TT: 57:59 50TT: 2:08:11, 100TT: 4:30:05 12hr 204.... unfinished business
  • Dezcore
    Dezcore Posts: 34
    :D Done this out cycling with the wife, wife had stopped so I slowed down in my fixie and when I went to unclip, rather than move my leg I actually shifted my weight in full so very slowly tippled over in front of her. She thought it was hilarious. Was near curb but landed on the pavement thankfully.

Had managed to go 2.5 weeks with the clips/bike before falling - Quite Chuffed! Never used clips/fixed before buying the bike.