Crankset for 90mm shell.

senoj
senoj Posts: 213
edited June 2013 in Workshop
I was hoping to transfer an FSA slk BB30 chainset to another frame,but mistook the shimano intergrated BB as a BB30.
The new frame shell width is 90mm there abouts, as opposed to 70mm,and obviously the spindle isnt long enough.im dissapointed I made the error, but need to buy another compact chainset.What do I need? I want to make sure the spindle is long enough, I was looking at Ultegra and didnt want to buy the wrong model.
Thanks

Comments

• Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    MegaExo. hollowtech 2, GXP or Ultratorque/Powertorque will all fit with the right BB which I expact is BB86/91 depending on the make of the frame
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • senoj
    senoj Posts: 213
    Just been reading a thread on the Classifieds, someone made exactly the same mistake as me,your right its a BB91.
    The bearings are intergrated on the Scott CR1,and thats whats fooling people
    Cheers
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    I'm about to transfer my 105 HT2 chainset from an alloy frame with conventional threaded BB to one of the Scott CR1-SL frames with a press fit BB (helpfully fitted by Westbrooks).

I'm assuming it's going to be a simple swap.
  • me-109
    me-109 Posts: 1,915
    @keef66:
    Yes, straight swap. The CR1 comes factory fitted with the Shimano BB, Westbrooks didn't have to do anything.
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    Ah, that would explain why the box was still stapled and glued up. Kudos to Scott then. And for including the Dog Fang