BB70 External Bottom Bracket Spacers

jerryfudd
jerryfudd Posts: 343
edited June 2013 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi,

I've got a SM-BB70 bottom bracket and the shell (?....width of the mount on the bike?) is 68mm so have 1x2.5mm on non-drive and 2x2.5 on drive side as directed and all works well.

My question is I'm putting on a bottom bracket mounted MRP XCG which is 4mm and attaches to drive side which is going to leave it 1mm shy of whats on there..... will there be enough thread remaining to torque this up or should I be getting a 1mm spacer to make up the shortfall?

thanks,

Dan

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    it should come with any required spacers.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • jerryfudd
    nicklouse wrote:

eBay :roll:

I'm hoping it does but working on the basis that it won't - can anyone recommend 1mm spacer? I was looking at the Hope ones but didnt mention the internal diameter.... 35mm I believe is what i need.

Dan
  • jerryfudd
    jerryfudd wrote:
    nicklouse wrote:

eBay :roll:

I'm hoping it does but working on the basis that it won't - can anyone recommend 1mm spacer? I was looking at the Hope ones but didnt mention the internal diameter.... 35mm I believe is what i need.

Dan

Confirmed.... it doesn't come with a spacer, anyone know where I can get a 1mm spacer for a Hollowtech II?

thanks,

Dan