GT Palomar 2012

john2002
john2002 Posts: 158
edited June 2013 in MTB buying advice
hello I've been thing of buying a second bike for a few reasons,
1, so I can put the baby seat on it and not have to mess around taking the seat off when I want to go for a ride by myself.
2, try and get the wife to come out for a ride with us.
3, just to have as a spare bike e.g. like now that I've been waiting for my new front brake I've been without a bike

so I just want a simple hard tail with v brakes front suspension just to take the strain away from my wrist when going over a few bumps etc. it will be ridden on the pavement most of the time.
I've seen this bike local to me in Athens for 260euros (£220) http://www.discountcyclesdirect.co.uk/c ... I_ID=12668
is it any good for my use and money? any other suggestions?
GT Avalanche 1.0 Disc 2011, Fixie, frankenbike

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    It's prett dire to be honest! very heavy steel frame, and some lowly parts. What else do they stock?
  • john2002
    john2002 Posts: 158
    not much really some brands that I've not heard of before "MBM my best move" "Sector" "ideal" have you heard of these? the bike seem to be over priced here I brought my GT Avalanche 1.0 for half the price in the UK. so the cheap bike here seem to be of the Apollo quality but with a bigger price tag. might see if I can bring a cheap rockrider back with me next time I'm in the UK.
    GT Avalanche 1.0 Disc 2011, Fixie, frankenbike