Its based on a novel by a man named Lear...

pinno
pinno Posts: 51,347
edited June 2013 in The bottom bracket
I was having a discussion with Caro over a liquid lunch she later regretted. We were talking about the passive/aggressive openings tested and tried by the Red Light Bandit Caryl Chessman whilst doing time and reading a bit of law.

A good example is this:
SICILIAN DEFENCE
Paulsen/Scheveningen Variations:

1. P-K4 P-QB4
2. Kt-KB3 P-K3

A few other examples here

The big bangers theorem which is actually a conundrum as well, (an excerpt from my book 'Pinarology' available from all good booksellers):

A man called Y trains a bunch of head bangers X to shoot other head bangers Z. Then x wipes out all of z and then ultimately x dwindles as they shoot each other (x on x). Eventually, there is only one x. This throws up the conundrum:
Who shoots x so that x no longer pro-creates? Does the Y do it? Then y becomes x surely?

Addendum 3: Ernesto Graffito scratched a living climbing walls. Well he didn't actually, he scratched walls to make a living.

Addendum 48: Blinded by the impications of the Hertzsprung-Russell diagram, I tested a lost tourist of North American descent on a Youngs-Modulas of elasticity linear tensometer only to find out that he was suffering from a really bad case of ceratostigma plumbaginoides. I decided to interrogate him instead on the Chatanooga Campaign of 1869, but he just started dancing.
seanoconn - gruagach craic!

Comments

• Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    I once saw a match where the sicilian was refuted by this stunning novelty move
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.