He's too modest to post it, so I will.

Frank the tank
Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
edited June 2013 in The cake stop
Forumite "Random man" is undertaking a charity bike ride tomorrow.

He and six others are cycling to Blackpool and back in a day, a round trip of about 230-240 mile.

The weather is looking dubious at best, horrible at worst.

I'd just like to wish him and the others all the very best and have a safe ride.

Hope this hasn't caused any embarrassment mate but I think should you reach your goal it'll be a great achievement. Respect for even making the attempt, from me anyway. 8)
Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.

Comments

• VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    What charity is it for ?

best of luck to you all.
    Living MY dream.
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    Good luck Gary and Co. I m even quibbling about doing the Notts 100 tomorrow because of the weather so god knows what your return leg will be like against that North Westerly.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,588
    Return leg with a north westerly will be a bit of a blessing but the out leg might be tough. Good luck Random Man, you'll be fine and I hope you raise loads.
  • random man
    random man Posts: 1,518
    Cheers everyone. I'm looking forward to the tailwind home :lol: The charity is Bluebell Wood Childrens Hospice in Sheffield and MPS Society. One of our riders' partner has a two year old with a rare life-limiting condition and last year the club rode to Skegness and back but that obviously wasn't enough of a challenge!

I'm going to get some kip now :roll:
  • Pross
    Look on the bright side, 240 miles in the rain and wind is a vast improvement on having to go to Skegness. I'll do the ride for you if you do my work trip to Skeggy (the latest of far too many of them) for me!
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    Theres a 'share the road' cycling event from UCLAN in preston, you might see some people out, if you do why not follow them to UCLAN and get some nosh and warm drinks
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    Mission accomplished. 240miles in 15hours 44min in not very good conditions.

Well done "random man" and crew.
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • jordan_217
    jordan_217 Posts: 2,580
    Well done indeed! Is there a just giving page or similar for this?
    “Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.”
  • Pross
    Great achievement.
  • Mission accomplished. 240miles in 15hours 44min in not very good conditions.

Well done "random man" and crew.
    Hats off! That's definitely one to chalk up as an achievement, doubly so given the windy conditions.
    Mangeur
  • random man
    random man Posts: 1,518
    Thanks for all the interest guys. I'd like to say it was a great day, but I'd be lying :lol: Crap weather, we should have done it in summer :roll: , crap towns, but it was all for charity and that's the important bit :D

It was certainly an achievement, my first (and probably last) 200+ mile ride :shock:

There's no justgiving page but all donations to http://www.beaubeau.org.uk/ or http://www.bluebellwood.org/ or http://www.mpssociety.org.uk/ would be very gratefully received.