Spesh Camber rear tyre clearence

Ben23lam
Ben23lam Posts: 12
edited June 2013 in MTB buying advice
Does anyone have any experience with using different rear tyres on a spesh camber apart from a captain 2.0 or ground control 2.1? :?

I would like to fit something a little wider with more volume.
Many thanks

Comments

• sparky543
    sparky543 Posts: 54
    I'll be picking up my 2013 Camber Comp in the next few weeks and I was looking at fitting a Hans Dampf on the rear, but I think it's going to be just too big. Nobby Nic is probably what I'll go for.
  • jsync
    jsync Posts: 120
    Purgatory on mine, no issues.

That's a 26er though.
  • camerauk
    camerauk Posts: 1,000
    I have used a few different tyres on the rear of mine mostly Spesh tyres but have used a Bontrager XR4 Team issue 2.2 Tyre with no problems
    Specialized Camber Expert
    Specialized Allez Sport
  • Ben23lam
    Cheers for the replies, I have a 26er camber just to clarify.

Sparky543: I don't know where you mostly ride but, my mate slashed the sidewall on a Nobby Nic 29er today. There a little on the thin side.

Jsync: Do you run the same on the front? how do you find the grip and roll?
  • bellys
    bellys Posts: 456
    2.3 max very max with out rubbing.
  • jsync
    jsync Posts: 120
    Jsync: Do you run the same on the front? how do you find the grip and roll?

Yep, same at both ends and very happy with them too. I think they're a good example of an all round tyre, I've used them on anything from loamy soil to wet shale, and I've never felt that they couldn't cope. They seem to roll pretty well, I don't feel as if I'm dragging them around.
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    I had an Eskar in mine (genuine 2.3). It just barely fitted but it'd be taking paint off if there was a trace of mud.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • Ben23lam
    Thanks for all the info anyone used maxxis combo on the camber? Like high roller with a crossmark Larson rear