The Beatles

Yossie
Yossie Posts: 2,600
edited June 2013 in The bottom bracket
Ciao, ragazzi

I understand that Andre Iniesta listens to The Beatles seminal track "Do You Want To Know A Secret" as a celebration following every home win by Malaga, his boyhood club.

Does anyone else know any similar celebratory traits by any leading sports stars?

Comments

• FishFish
    FishFish Posts: 2,152
    Yes I know very many ritual celebrations performed by leading sports stars and associated with sporting events.
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll:
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,930
    Robert Plant is a big Wolves fan. Looking forward to the day he can belt out 'Celebration Day'. :D
    We have had too many results that leave us 'Dazed and Confused' :cry:
  • Yossie
    FishFish wrote:
    Yes I know very many ritual celebrations performed by leading sports stars and associated with sporting events.

Examples please.

I also heard this morning that John McGuinness refuses to ride at the TT unless "Cannonball" by the Breeders is played at exactly 10 am on each morning.

I must agree with him on this one as it is utterly fantastic http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qpoqzt2EHaA
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    Germain Chapsley likes to listen to this when he records his fastest time
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • Yossie
    When TDV was competing (some of you may have seen her on the telly) we always used to listen to Ode to Joy before every race. When she won (which was quite a lot - some of you may have seen some of her races) we used to play The Smiths first self titled album and drink grappa. Bit of a tradition.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,162
    Surprised she doesn't find The Smiths a bit uplifting for her personality to be honest.
  • Pituophis
    Pituophis Posts: 1,025
    I've always thought the Beatles were shite, does this help any? :?
  • Yossie
    Not all, but completely true statement.

If they were so good why did Oasis have to rewrite all their songs?
  • Pituophis
    Pituophis Posts: 1,025
    Don't get me started on those Manc tw*ts :D