Sunday's the day...

joelsim
joelsim Posts: 7,552
edited June 2013 in Road general
...when I pick up a Cannondale (Bad Boy 8, 2008 I think) that I bought one night on fleabay after a few glasses of vino.

It has no gears, no brakes, no seat, but they say the frame is in v good nick. I have no idea of the frame size. The picture is so dodgy I can't even see if it has a cassette or an alfine hub. To be honest I can't even be 100% sure it is a real Cannondale, but the frame shape does look correct.

Oh what to do, I guess time will tell whether I've completely wasted £102, and what I will end up doing with it.

Answers on a postcard please, as it stands at the moment it's 50/50 whether I relist it or whether I convert it into a cruiser fixie with thick Schwalbe Big Apple tyres in brown, a brown seat and some bullbars (for a comfortable ride around the park on gravel/grass/tracks etc with the kids).

Oh f*ck, ha ha.

Comments

• Joelsim wrote:
    I have no idea of the frame size.
    This does not bode well.
    Mangeur
  • ad_snow
    ad_snow Posts: 469
    I hope you're either 6'6" and it's a 47cm frame or you're 5'1" and it's a 61cm frame...
  • Dibs if its a 55
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • raymondo60
    raymondo60 Posts: 735
    The pleasure of that special surprise when you buy something off ebay while under the influence! It's one of the reasons I gave up drinking......
    Raymondo

"Let's just all be really careful out there folks!"
  • Druidor
    Druidor Posts: 230
    Fleabay after drinks not a good combination.
    ---
    Sensa Trentino SL Custom 2013 - 105 Compact - Aksium Race
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    ad_snow wrote:
    I hope you're either 6'6" and it's a 47cm frame or you're 5'1" and it's a 61cm frame...

Cheers fella. Send me your email addy and I'll let you buy it off me!

To be honest, although it was a mistake, I could end up making a nice bike out of it. Or not. :P
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    I think whatever the size you have to build this up and you have to buy all the bits from eBay whilst drunk! And put it together and test ride it also in a similar state!
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • nathancom
    nathancom Posts: 1,567
    Haha great. I have bought some lemons under the influence on fleabay. Best of luck :)
  • marylogic
    marylogic Posts: 355
    Dare I ask....?

What's it like?
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,004
    Raymondo60 wrote:
    The pleasure of that special surprise when you buy something off ebay while under the influence! It's one of the reasons I gave up drinking......

that's why I gave up ebay
  • Rigga
    Rigga Posts: 939
    I honestly believe Ebay and Facebook should have some sort of sobriety test that you have to pass if it's on an evening!