Pretty Amazing deal for anyone in the market for a DH bike..

felix.london
felix.london Posts: 4,067
edited June 2013 in MTB general

Comments

• felix.london
    ...that is an amazing deal! £1,700 for a brand spanker with pedals, free EU delivery, spare mech hanger and a €100 servicing voucher!
    "Why have that extra tooth if you're not using it?" - Brian Lopes

Votec V.SX Enduro 'Alpine Thug' 2012/2013 build

Trek Session 8
  • dusk
    dusk Posts: 583
    I wouldn't get too excited by the pedals, they're probably the crap I got with mine, pins fell out after two weeks without damage
    YT Wicked 160 ltd
    Cotic BFe
    DMR Trailstar
    Canyon Roadlite
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    I can't help feeling it isn't that great of a deal, more what i'd expect to pay for something like that, but i'm still stuck in 2010 prices for bikes lol.

It's really average gearing components by todays standards, it has crap brakes (really crap, i've had to live with them for 3 years now), the frame is nothing special, the wheels are nothing special and the only "expensive" parts i can see on there are the forks and shock.

Still compared to the cost of other bikes it is a good deal.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    I know a few people who bought the YT Tues, none of them kept it very long.
  • bennett_346
    It just doesn't seem very refined to me, just having lots of travel and dual crowns doesn't qualify a bike as DH capable to me.
  • rockmonkeysc
    Bit like the Canyon Torque FRX. Just felt several years behind the latest downhill bikes. The geometry is about right but the suspension just doesn't work that well compared to more expensive bikes.
    The Rose Beefcake is as good value and actually rides extremely well.
  • felix.london
    The Geo on the YT looks spot on to me (nothing like the Canyon)

The Rose BC is over £500 more

For £1700 (delivered) you want it to ride like a £3K+ bike?...that's completely unrealistic.

Trek Session 8
  • felix.london
    it has crap brakes (really crap, i've had to live with them for 3 years now)

What brakes does it have?

Can't be any worse than the Elixir R's that came as standard my €4,000 Trek Session 8! (btw - got it for €2K 1yr old)

Trek Session 8
  • bennett_346
    it has crap brakes (really crap, i've had to live with them for 3 years now)

What brakes does it have?

Can't be any worse than the Elixir R's that came as standard my €4,000 Trek Session 8! (btw - got it for €2K 1yr old)
    Elixir 3s lol.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Bike for the same price as some frames (or less). Worth a punt if you like the geo.

Though won't let me click on the geo or spec.
  • bennett_346
    Me neither. Can see most from the photos though.
  • rockmonkeysc
    Geometry is ok. Rear suspension feels crude, not as bad as the Canyon but not good enough on a DH bike and I dont think changing or tuning the shock will cure it.
    The Rose may be £500 more but it rides as a DH race bike should.
  • felix.london
    Fair enough. Will be testing a Beefcake out this summer so will let you know what I think. Dirt rated the Tues last year - can't have changed that much can it? Different shock/tune?

Trek Session 8