probikekit refunds

waterfalll
waterfalll Posts: 83
edited August 2018 in Road buying advice
I returned something about 2/3 weeks ago first class mail to probikekit and I haven't heard anything since and the money hasn't been deposited into my account
I've emailed them and got a reply a few days later telling me to wait a little longer,
has anyone else had any trouble returning/getting a refund from these guys?

posted a return with wiggle collect plus the next day (supposedly slower) and that was in my account within a few days!?

Comments

• ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,309
    Am I wrong in thinking there was a similar topic a few months back....? it'd be nice if we can find it for reference
    left the forum March 2023
  • FatTed
    FatTed Posts: 1,205
    No problem with me getting a refund
  • VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    If it helps, many companies post refunds only once a month which can be a pain for the buyer but quite normal in business terms.
    Living MY dream.
  • marshall_a
    marshall_a Posts: 90
    lost all faith in them myself because of the returns and out of stock processes they have. last issue was 6wks waiting for a couple of pairs of socks before they refunded, defeet so not some obsure limited addition item. just keep emailing them or use the contact us bit associated with the order, as the person you need to speak to on the phone is always in a meeting it seems.
  • Shame, as they were one of the best. I blame The Hut
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • cycleclinic
    cycleclinic Posts: 6,865
    Don't use them again. I had a return of an item purchased by mistake yesterday. Did the refund today. It's not hard. no excuse for having to wait that long.
    http://www.thecycleclinic.co.uk -wheel building and other stuff.
  • VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    Don't use them again. I had a return of an item purchased by mistake yesterday. Did the refund today. It's not hard. no excuse for having to wait that long.

It depends how big your company is and how many sales you have, many larger companies simply cant manage automatic refunds so quickly, its not a bad thing as most customers understand this.
    Im not saying the company is good or bad, I dont know them but its horrid when they cant defend themself to an argument.
    Living MY dream.
  • waterfalll
    Well after sending them proof of postage on Sunday I am yet it hear anything back from them via email
    It was only a £50 helmet and they are adamant they haven't received anything at the warehouse, what am I best off doing to claim my money back, keep going on at them or is it royal mail I should be pestering?
    Thanks! Safe it say I will never be using them again
  • Did someone sign for it? Then they have to refund you. I had this with CRC, they denied receiving it but it was signed for. I'm guessing it was someone stealing returns in their warehouse.
  • waterfalll
    I posted it first class which cost me £9,
    never had anything go missing in the post before so I assumed all would be ok

they are saying the proof didn't have tracking and so they can't issue me a refund.

have I lost my money or can I get it back from royalmail? this is a joke :(
  • jordan_217
    jordan_217 Posts: 2,580
    I returned some shoes to PBK on Tuesday. Owing to their value I needed to send them next day, recorded. I've just had an email to confirm they've been received and the refund processed. The email I received stated I will have the refund in my account within 5 working days.
    “Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.”
  • nutter_bed
    nutter_bed Posts: 87
    Am I wrong in thinking there was a similar topic a few months back....? it'd be nice if we can find it for reference

This one?
    http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40013&t=12923271
  • spanner239
    spanner239 Posts: 181
    waterfalll wrote:

they are saying the proof didn't have tracking and so they can't issue me a refund.

You need to use a different post office! How much does a helmet and box weigh, like 500g or something? You could have posted Special Delivery for £6.95, fully tracked with insurance! £9 is a total rip off.
  • Good luck getting a refund from them I’ve been waiting for 4 weeks now. The only response you get from them is “will check with the courier”, useless customer service, bad comms and no proactive updates.
    If you order from Aus, make sure you 100% want the product, returns for us in Aus don’t seem to get priority or have had the workflow designed.
  • Good revival of an old thread, but still the worst company out there for customer service, warranties and anything you may need after they've sold you something
  • stevie63
    stevie63 Posts: 481
    waterfalll wrote:

If you purchased the postage from the post office then the reference number on the receipt will give you the delivery status of the item. If you enter into the Royal Mail Track and trace website you will be able to see if it was delivered and what date. If however it says "we will provide an update when we attempt to deliver" then it means you need to claim of Royal Mail. In this instance they would refund the postage along with a maximum of £20.

EDIT-just seen when your post was made so likely too late to pursue as there is an eighty day limit
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    yeah - mf spoke to mf about it and they both agreed that he may just have missed the 80 day limit.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.