30 year anniversary

dave_1
dave_1 Posts: 9,512
edited June 2013 in Pro race
TDF July 11th 2013...! Am sure most or all who got into the sport in Robert M's era will remember he won this stage of the 1983 Tour De France

Stage 10 11 July Pau – Bagnères-de-Luchon Stage with mountain(s) 201 km (125 mi) 1st Robert Millar (GBR)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsjWOiBtQTc

Comments

• Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    Great memory Dave. We are blessed in Britain at the moment with some world class riders but we've not had a climber of the quality of Millar before or since.
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    Pure class. Whenever I watch that i'm never ceased to be amazed by how much of a gap he gets in such a short period, from the initial attack to crossing the KOM line, the camera turns and you can't even see the other rider.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    Dave, that's made my morning - thanks for posting

:)
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    Great memory Dave. We are blessed in Britain at the moment with some world class riders but we've not had a climber of the quality of Millar before or since.

That's not fair, I flew up the Tourmalet last year :(
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    Thanks for that. Just spent some time looking through the other Millar vids on Youtube at the expense of proper work.

I bloody LOVE Robert Millar.
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • adr82
    adr82 Posts: 4,002
    Salsiccia1 wrote:
    Thanks for that. Just spent some time looking through the other Millar vids on Youtube at the expense of proper work.
    Same here. No regrets!
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466

That's not fair, I flew up the Tourmalet last year :(

Of course mate. When I was referring to Millar I meant pro riders and not elite amateurs such as your good self Rapper :wink:
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
    Cheers Dave. Hope all the Guys riding the Robert Millar sportive today stayed dry......Brings back memories of watching Dickie Davies on world of sport aged 12 mesmorised by the Tour de france and having a fellow glaswegian winning a mountain stage.great days indeed.
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    Pleasure all...3 decades done. So many of us in our 40s will likely have similar sentiments and glad he appeared early 1980s and got us all on bikes