CAAD10 ultegra bike weight?

drplumbster
drplumbster Posts: 83
edited June 2013 in Road buying advice
Hi what's the total weight of the ultegra CAAD10 2012 bike? I can't find it on the Cannondale Website

Comments

• smidsy
    smidsy Posts: 5,273
    What size?

The CAAD10 has a sophisticated, highly developed frame weighing just 1,274g (an all-carbon fork adding 420g)

or

CAAD10’s claimed 1,150-gram frame weight (56cm) with black anodized paint.
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • Here is the weight of the Ultegra gruppo: 2,441g or 5.38lb.
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • unixnerd
    unixnerd Posts: 2,864
    Don't get too hung up on the total weight of an off the shelf bike. They normally come with cheaper wheels that aren't that light. If you're serious about wanting a really light bike the first thing you'll do it change them! The CAAD10 is a pretty light and very efficient frame, that's the important thing. It's a great base to build a really light bike on.

I have a CAAD5 and there's one on Weight Weenies that's a shade over 6.5kg! Mine is Dura-Ace but it's a triple, with older 1600g Ultegra wheels and pedals it's about 7.7kg. It has the older fork with the alloy steerer, the CAAD10 all carbon fork is 250-300 lighter and that's just one part. With the all carbon fork and lighter wheels / tyres I could get it down to around 7 easily.
    http://www.strathspey.co.uk - Quality Binoculars at a Sensible Price.
    Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert 2012, Cannondale CAAD5,
    Marin Mount Vision (1997), Edinburgh Country tourer, 3 cats!
  • nawty
    nawty Posts: 225
    My un-modified 54" is more or less bang on 8kg with Keo Blade Pedals, a bottle holder and Vittoria Pave tyres.
    Cannondale CAAD 10 Ultegra
    Kinesis Racelight Tiagra
  • Thanks all, yep I will be replacing the wheels for something a little lighter. The finishing kit seems reasonable on the bike too. I originally just wanted to buy the frame but I can't seem to get good of one.
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    Built up my 2013 race bike with a CAAD10 frameset from Westbrook Cycles.
    circa 7.4kg
  • jordan_217
    jordan_217 Posts: 2,580
    The weight that is generally quoted for a standard Ultegra bike, in a 56, is 7.8kgs.

I have a 2012 version but have swapped the standard Aksium wheels for some carbon tubs, saving 400g's. I swapped the saddle to an Arione but everything else is standard. I really like the CAAD10, perfect race bike.
    “Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.”