New Orange Five Pro...

DrNowt
DrNowt Posts: 40
edited April 2014 in Your mountain bikes
Well...my previous Five was cruelly stolen the other week. So on to a replacement, and I asked myself why change? I love the feel of riding the Five, I love the look of its opinion splitting swingarm, and I feel I was robbed of my Five experience far too soon. So here is my replacement, all comments welcome. Even you secret girder lovers...

I am also open to colour scheme ideas for new finishing touches (bolts, grips etc) so feel free to put forward any suggestions! :idea:

Current Setup:
Frame: Orange Five Pro 2013 in Apple Green
Shock: Cane Creek DB Air
Swingarm: Maxle Swingarm
Forks: Fox Float 32 CTD Air
F Mech: Shimano SLX
R Mech: Shimano XT Shadow 10sp
Shifters: Shimano SLX R Fire
Chainset: Raceface Evolve XC 10SP
Cassette: Shimano HG62
Brakes: Hope Race EVO M4
Wheelset: Hope Pro II Evo + Mavic XM319
Tyres: Maxxis Advantage 2.35
Headset: Hope ZS Tapered
Stem: Thomson X4
S Post: Thomson Elite
Saddle: SDG Falcon Orange Ti-alloy special edition
Pedals: Fatties Flatties
B Bracket: Hope Ceramic BB
Seatclamp: Hope

image-13.jpg

image-5.jpg

image.jpg

Comments

• *AJ*
    *AJ* Posts: 1,080
    Nice! Quite clearly a green/gold theme going on so keep it at that!
  • rapid_donkey
    rapid_donkey Posts: 448
    I am jealous. Although I would have blue or orange. You order it from the website or a shop?
  • MrPhil
    MrPhil Posts: 57
    Love the colour, spec is nice aswell.
  • Get the poverty spec cassette off before it eats into the cheese based Hope freehub body!

nice colour though!
  • Brown sauce
    Brown sauce Posts: 111
    Really like that and love the colour
    2015 Stanton Switchback
    1993 Kona Lavadome
  • brucie45
    brucie45 Posts: 279
    Very very nice! Always liked the Fives, just not within my budget!
    Commencal Ramones Cromo 13 - viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12926938
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Put it in a ditch forks backwards.... :D
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    I know the chap nicked your bike but you didn't have to steal his old metal gate...

Ahhh, never mind.
  • DrNowt
    I am jealous. Although I would have blue or orange. You order it from the website or a shop?

Website, knew what size and style I wanted from my prev Five, and did a bit of research into the colour options, bobs your uncle! :D
  • DrNowt
    Get the poverty spec cassette off before it eats into the cheese based Hope freehub body!

nice colour though!

Recommend any decent cassettes?? I had the freehub body problem on my last five and want to try avoid it on this while keeping the pro evo hubs....

Tried the SRAM PG990 on last one but the damage was already done by then, and this is 10 speed now so not sure of my options yet.
  • Kowalski675
    Kowalski675 Posts: 4,412
    Nice colour.
  • DrNowt
    A few minor bits to tart it up a little...and a random pic...

stem.jpg

jockey.jpg

bingley.jpg

Does anyone know if the orange Five pivot bearing caps are available to buy in gold?? I have seen them on the Five 29er but cant find them anywhere else....
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    DrNowt wrote:
    Tried the SRAM PG990 on last one but the damage was already done by then, and this is 10 speed now so not sure of my options yet.
    SLX or XT from Shimano, both are alloy spider.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Matt-r8
    Matt-r8 Posts: 298
    get the XT Cassette on it, great looking bike and love the colour. DB Air :D
  • I can't help but notice that you are using a cane creek shock how are you getting on with this and have you had any issues with it?
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Also dump the 32s... they flex like like a flexy thing.