Cannondale flash help needed

d8mok
d8mok Posts: 107
edited June 2013 in MTB buying advice
I'm looking to buy a cannondale flash but need some help with sizing. I'm 5'11 / 6ft and currently ride a 18inch stumpjumper with seat post at its max height. My road bike is a 56cm supersix which fits me well.

What size flash am I suited to? I can't try the bike anywhere local. I like to be able to throw the bike around.

Is a med 18inch ? And large 20inch?

Thanks

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Have a look at the top tube lengths - how do they compare?
  • d8mok
    Hi mate,

I can't seem to find any size guides online for the 2012 26 inch wheeled bikes.
  • Dave_P1
    Dave_P1 Posts: 565
    I'm 5"10 and I ride a large flash without any problems.
  • d8mok
    Good to know. Thanks

I've found a few geo charts. And the medium is actually probably too small as its smaller than my stumpy. The large is 3.8 cm bigger seat tube length , and 2.0 cm longer top tube.
  • scarthie99
    scarthie99 Posts: 209
    paul cycle have flash 1 going cheap 26 inch wheel one
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    You really need the effective top tube length (that is horizontal distance from headtube top centre to where it intersects the seat tube if extended high engough) actually the only dimension that you need to compare.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • d8mok
    Managed to find somewhere local ish that had one in stock to sit on. Ended up as a large as medium was smaller than my old bike. Also managed to get the local shop to match Paul's cycles price so the bike came home with me too. Can't believe how light this thing is. Just need to sell my stumpjumper now and all will be well
  • d8mok
    Had a quick ride earlier and love the bike already

However I have a question ...

How do I mount my cateye wireless to a lefty ? I googled and saw there was a bracket you can buy but can't find one in uk